“"OK"”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Prague, Czech Republic
“"OK"”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

What can I say. I just stayed one day and happy for that..:)
the room is not updated. But its ok with me. If you ur not expecting luxury, ull be fine.

About the food - its ok. I mean the meat was dry, salad was good. There were 2 types of fishes, one was very good, one was not.
So it was half half.

What i didnt like was the noise. Had a room facing a bar and it was really long music on. As I couldn't get my balcony door really closed, it was a bit loud to have a quite good night..:(

the plus was, free wifi internet in the lobby.

Room Tip: try facing the hotel Le Meridien, should be not that loud.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed August 14, 2013

When I arrived (without reservation) reasonable accommodations around the Dead See were fully booked. Probably that's why this only one was way-way-way overpriced. Besides that the place really needs serious update. Doors, windows wouldn't lock properly, towels, linens are stained, improperly washed. Beds are terrible. Breakfast (included) is easy to forget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Paris
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was the worst experience in Israel by far. We arrived at 4:30pm, and were told that the room was not ready. There was no smile, no excuses. Not even a drink or meal was offered during our wait.
We tried to pass the time by the pool, but we had to wait 40 mins for us to receive stained towels to allow us to use the pool.
We only finally checked in at 7:30pm (after the pool closed at 7pm), with not so much as an excuse.
The staff are all generally rude and unhelpful and condescending.

The hotel itself is old and decrepit, and hasn't been maintained since construction in the 60/70s. The photos are definitely not representative of the state of the hotel.
The room seemed clean but everything was old and the towels were again stained.
The inroom fridge made much noise and unfortunately it was impossible to turn off by removing the plug which we couldn't access.

The one saving grace was the breakfast, which was plentiful and nice. The pool is also pleasant, but many of the lounge chairs were either broken or filthy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 814David821
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our stay in this hotel was truly awful!! The service was shocking and the hotel is so rundown. The one saving grace is that our room was clean but the balcony door was broken and couldn't be closed. I don't think the hotel has been refurbished since it was built and the pictures on the website are definitely photoshopped!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are identical
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jennyrak
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was whit my family at Leonardo inn Dead Sea, it was great experience, the room is small but very clean, the food is great.
Great service in the front desk, people like to help everyone.
We comeback next time for sure next time in Israel.
Thank u to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Pros: nice garden and nice breakfast. In some cases the dinner is included in the stay.
Cons: Online photos on booking.com looked great, but they had little to do with reality. This is a very much run down property that hasn't been renovated for (it seems) many years. The rooms are shabby, and only superficially clean, definitely not clean enough to be comfortable. There is chipped paint, scratched mirrors, scratched or broken furniture, and the shower head was so dirty that I felt way more comfortable taking a public shower at the Dead Sea beach (that belonged to another hotel, LOL). Candid photos of the property are attached.
The service reminds me of the Soviet hotels in the 80's. After 11 pm there was no one at the front desk at all. My friend and I were sitting in the main hall, and we had to let a few people in because the hotel door was locked, and the receptionist was nowhere to be seen for hours. I wonder where they'd go if were weren't there. Some receptionists were just plain rude, had very little knowledge of the area, and there seemed to be no coordination between staff (one of the examples, we ordered a taxi to Masada through a front desk, but requested to cancel it a bit later, as we got a ride. The receptionist had no clue which taxi service to call to cancel the car).
I could go on and on, but you got the idea. Photos say it all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WorldTravelGirl777
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I came here with my parents and my toddler son. We booked in for 4 nights at £175 per room per night. We booked a superior room and were shown a badly maintained room with broken furniture. My mothers side table was burnt with cigarets, my room had a ripped up carpet on entry to the bathroom. When I complained I was told that we've got what we payed for and shouldn't complain!

The housekeeping/ cleaning was non existent I had to complain and the cleaners were sent back twice and still not cleaned a small pile of sand in the middle of the room.
Food although good on Thursday and Friday then got progressively worse. Same with entertainment and kids activities. The operator of the rides came out late and said that he needed a break 5 minutes after! Break from what! I think most Israelis come for a weekend and staff trying harder for them.

I've got a strong impression that the staff like a PR lady and a general manager are told to humour you and not to help.
At the end of our stay we asked reception to put our bag in storeroom, we were told they don't have the store room and we should put them by security outside. I questioned them and was told that its safe and everyone does it. My bag was consequently stollen!!!!!

My advice stay away!!!

Room Tip: Didn't stay in a good room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family