“Not thrilling, but nice...”

Hotel Spa Club Dead Sea
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Somebody planned this hotel with some great ideas in mind: exellent tea for free in lobby, relaxing athmosfere without cellular phones and kids around, nice SPA. You can see the bathrooms have been resently renovated . BUT! The rooms are small, with old furniture, no balkony, small windows. They do give you bathrobes, but demand to leave a deposit for it. Pool and Spa are common with the Oasis hotel, so there are people with kids and cellular phones and sigarettes. But unlike the visitors of Oasis, Spa Club guests have some priveleges, like enterance to the Spa facilities from 18.00 to 22.00 (except on tuesdays), and late breakfast 'till 12.00 noon. Spa is nice, but very small, hammam is great, Jakuzzi is for 8 people. Breakfast was great, best breakfast ever! But supper was not good, with no tea or coffee to drink, just water. So in general it is nice hotel, but some things need to be improved.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murmur1
PrimaHotels, Webmaster at Hotel Spa Club Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your stay with us at the Spa Club Dead Sea. We are glad that you enjoyed the concept of the hotel and the Spa amenities. We are also happy that we understand can be improved and I have forwarded your comments and concerns to the relevant personnel. We hope you will come and give us a second chance on your next trip to Israel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

The location is fabulous. You do have to cross a street to get to the beach but that is not tough. The place takes itself rather too seriously. The indoor pool was so packed you had to wait in line for a standing position by the wall. We were there only one night so there was not enough time to book a spa treatment. Breakfast was fine, lots of choices. We paid premium for a triple room and were given a double with a roll-away. Staff was a mixed bag. Some were pleasant, others surly. Internet access is pricey - on top of what you are already paying seems an insult. I'd look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I didn't believe they would actually not allow cellular phones! It made the atmosphere in the dining room and lobby so pleasant and relaxing. I read many reveiws before we went and was surprised for the good. The staff was very nice and helpful. The treatments in the spa were very good. The saunas and the turkish hamam were nice. The spa was a bit small so I just went to th e beach of the dead sea- very convienient. The outdoor pool was nice but cold they only heat " in January". The rooms were clean and comftorble. All in all a great very relaxing much needed vacation!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Great concept - no children, no smoking, no cellphones

Relaxing setting for a weekend for a couple

Good service and management. Decent food but not as good on Saturday because of Shabbat.

Good commom areas. Nice spa

Good location across the street from the beach.

Only downside - medium size room with no balcony and small window.

Only downside

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidGoldy
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Olga, Moscow, Russia. Travelled together with cousin.

I write review for the first time in my life and the only reason for it - reading the reviews of other tourists. I don't understand why the hotel can be only heaven or hell. Couldn't it be just a normal hotel with something good and something bad in it?!
I stayed in Spa Club for 4 nights together with my cousin. We just wanted to relax, to step in the Dead Sea for the first time and to visit some places like Ein Gedi etc. We had all this and we liked it.
1. The place - Ein Bokek - seemed to be the best choice on Dead Sea. Ein Gedi is beautiful but the prices are inadequate - too high I mean. Other resorts are too small. Ein Bokek is an ideal choice.
2. Spa Club has an ideal position in Ein Bokek. It's just near the sea, you only have to cross a road with no serious traffic (local road). Meanwhile some of the hotels are much closer to another road with more traffic (not local but the one that goes along the Dead Sea; more cars and more noise). Some of the hotels (even with higher prices) are surrounded by waste lands with only sand and dirt. An awful view!
3. Spa Club has its own beach and it's more than convenient. You'll come to this beach in 5 minutes even if you're an invalid and are walking VERY slow. Believe me Spa Club has one of the best beaches in Ein Bokek.
4. I don't understand the problems of some of the authors of reviews with entering hotel. Yes, Spa Club and Oasis have one common entry but it's large and lighted in the dark, how could they miss it and come from the back of the hotel?! I guess some of the tourists are blind with expectations.
5. Spa Club HAS RECEPTION. It's a normal size, believe me. But just like an entry it's one common reception for 2 hotels (Spa and Oasis). The problem with it is that sometimes it's crowded and you have to wait for a long time.
6. The rooms are not small but also not big. I would describe them as normal size. You'll also find some fruits and sweets in the room and free drinking water. Not fantastic but lovely. The bath was OK, I didn't notice it was small or old. But the windows are really small and curtains cover also a part of the wall together with this small window. Maybe it's a little disappointing but not a disaster. But of course if you dream about big windows with fantastic view and a balcony - Spa Club is not for you.
7. I had only B&B so I can't tell anything about dinner. The breakfast was nice but not VERY nice. They had plenty of cheese of different sorts and this was great. But maybe they should have more salads and cakes (sweets etc). I had breakfast in 3* in Tel-Aviv which I liked more. But tastes differ. I would only suggest that you should consider 2 things: 1) they don't give meat at breakfast in Israel and if you can't stand it you shouldn't go to this country (the have separate "milk cuisine" and "meat cuisine" and that means no meat on breakfast); 2) there are not so many opportunities for dinner/supper outdoors. Just few restaurants and most of them close early (at least it was so in January). So if you're going to stay for many days you'd better pay for half-board.
8. The Spa itself - swimming pool, different baths etc - is lovely but a little bit crowded. The massage etc - rather good. But they're trying to sell you cosmetics together (better say after) with cosmetic procedures. Of course you can say "No', and maybe it would be wiser. Later at home I've found that the cosmetics they'd sold me were not good for my type of skin. I think they knew it while persuading me that it was just all right for me so they cheated me (or maybe their professional skills were not so good).
9. What I really didn't like in this hotel - the staff. They we not rude ... but I have some remarks. First of all we had problems with TV. We couldn't turn it on on the 2nd day of stay. The man came to fix it. He did it but with such a tired face! I really felt uncomfortable as though I had broken TV on purpose. And when I asked what the problem with TV was he didn't explain. So when the next day we couldn't turn TV on again we preferred not to ask for help (anyway we were leaving the next day). And when we were leaving the hotel they did much mess with our bill. Check-out took us at least 20 minutes!
10. The people staying at Spa Club are usually old or middle-age, it's true. But the Dead Sea is not a place for teenagers. For the night life and action you should go to the Red Sea or Mediterranean.
So, summing up. Spa Club is not perfect, maybe to judge strictly it's not 4* but only 3* (or 3* super). It has not a staff of my dream and the meals could have had more diversity. But altogether this hotel is good for those who want to relax in not luxurious but a really nice place.

• Stayed: January 2010
4  Thank ivolga25
PrimaHotels, Webmaster at Hotel Spa Club Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you so much for your comprehensive and detailed review. We really appreciate the criticisms and the honest about how we can make our Hotel better. I have consequently forwarded your comments to the relevant staff. Additionally, I thank you for detailing what you enjoyed about the Hotel and what you found positive about the surrounding area and our location. We hope that we can welcome you back the Spa Club soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

We were shocked by how bad this hotel was. I’ve never written a review before, but felt I had to write something after our 'experience' at the Prima Spa Club…
My boyfriend and I were excited about staying here. From the website, the hotel looked relaxing and secluded – a relatively upmarket Spa hotel.
Things didn't start well. We arrived to find the hotel has no entrance. (It nominally shares an entrance with the even worse Oasis next door, but we were directed to a cafe/entrance around the back.)
On arrival, we went to a small table to check in (there was no reception) and listened keenly, as the man behind the table told us repeatedly how lovely the hotel was. Suspicions were mounting …
Walking (in the loosest sense of the word) around the entrance, were some of the other guests. The average age was around 90. If you have your own teeth, this place might not be for you.
The hotel hadn't been decorated in years. The man led us to a shabby old lift that took us to our 'deluxe' room on the 7th floor. We’d paid extra for the ‘deluxe’ room , with a Jacuzzi. Not only that; According to one of the hotel staff we spoke to on the phone, the deluxe rooms have both a sauna inside the room, and a ‘surprise’ for guests. He was exactly half right.
The lift doors opened, revealing a threadbare carpet in the hallway. High hopes were fading fast …
The room was small, and the bathroom was old and tatty. The ‘jacuzzi’ was a dirty bath tub with a couple of jets, and an old shower head hanging off the wall. But what of the basics? Bed, Check. TV, Check.
Window? Yes, a window - why not? For those lovely Dead Sea views, and dramatic sunsets. We draw back the large silk curtain only to find it wasn’t covering a window, it was covering a wall.
The hotel DO recommend a way for guests to enjoy the views of the Judean desert: Just step out of your room and stand in the fire escape.
We’ve never done this before, but without stopping to unpack, or to look around any further, we left.
For the same price we moved to the Daniel next door, which we can definitely recommend. It’s peaceful , with great rooms, a lovely pool, and a good spa too- it’s a nice hotel. So is the Isrotel, The Crown Plaza, The Royal, The Meridien and … just about EVERY OTHER hotel you can find in Ein Bokek apart from the Spa club.
Avoid the Prima Spa Club, and your chances of having a nice holiday will increase dramatically.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lynsoir
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I went with my wife for a 24 hour break in our routine to recharge the batteries and came away planning the next time. The hotel manager at the desk set the tone with a warm attentive greeting and it was all uphill from there on.We were able to stay in the spa and pool after checkout which concluded a wonderful time. Food was tasty, room pleasant and facilities and grounds well kept.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple