“Good and comfortable”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Brooklyn, New York
“Good and comfortable”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The new part as a spa club is good and cozy place - remember is not a resort with all inclusive. But facility especially at night time( when only guests of the new part of the hotel can use it) is not crowded, good maintained, has a big pool with dead sea water, Turkish - chamam - bath, sauna, steam room, great relaxing rooms with different types of teas and fruits. Good breakfast with various food for anyone taste. Don't expect too much and you would be satisfied. Just never ever book it using site bookingisrael.com - you might get to the point that no one expecting you and the company that charged you never sent a payment information to the hotel being very irresponsible and unreliable. And a confirmation letter they sent you - is not a prove of purchase.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not close to the main A/C unit - very noisy but they can relocate you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Boris I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My mom and I decided to go to the Dead Sea for a Spa Getaway and thought this hotel would be perfect. WE WERE SO WRONG!

The customer service was lacking. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke (even though the hotel says it is smoke-free). We complained but the front desk did not believe us and said there were no other rooms available. Only until we called another time and a technician came to the room, they gave us the okay to switch rooms.

The food was inedible! My mother and I ate cheese toast for lunch and dinner in a sad little room where the indoor bar is located. I could barely eat because you can smell the wafts of food throughout the hotel before lunch and dinner (near the pool and nail room). They charge 140 nis for the dinner buffet. I could not even put a vegetable on my plate because the smell of the room and the appearance of the food was absolutely repulsive.
Breakfast was also very disappointing. The room was full of smoke from the oil that was used to make the eggs.

As for the treatments, we both enjoyed our massages. However, I received a disappointing manicure. The worst I've ever had. The lady had to do my nails 3 times! That was due to the fact that the nail polish was so old and unusable. To think that a place called Spa Club would have a decent manicurist and nail products....
The overall atmosphere of the spa itself was poor. They overused incenses (probably to cover up the food odor coming from the adjacent dining room), the bathrooms were disgusting, and the spa music was very repetitive.

The hotel also ran out of their very thin towels, so my mom and I had to wait awhile to go to the Dead Sea. This place is not an ideal hotel for a mother-daughter Spa Getaway at all.

It took me a few days to recuperate as I was literally so put off by the food, service, and overall experience. In hindsight, we should have left at the beginning of our stay, but we had no idea that things could have gotten any worse. My mother complained and we received no compensation or customer appreciation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DeeG24
PrimaHotels, Manager at Hotel Spa Club Dead Sea, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about our hotel as we are always working to make our guests' stays better.
We have forwarded your review to the relevant personnel as you concerns are very unusual. As evidenced by many of the other guest reviews, the Spa Club hotel is known for its cleanliness, servise and new modern design. Additionally, the food is recommended very highly. We do apologize for your stay and we hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you the merits of our hotel. Thank you again and your comments will only help us improve for future customers.
Kfar Tavor, Israel
Reviewed June 13, 2011

A simple and friendly Spa Hotel in a beautiful área of the Dead sea.
No children under the age of 18. No cellphone and no smoking all over.
Excelent food, friendly staff.
A place were to spend a few days at the Dead sea.

Room Tip: Small rooms with sea view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Leonardo S
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review.
We take pride in the design of our hotel and its unique concept of quiet environment, artistic and contemporary decor and we are glad you found everything to be comfortable and to your liking.

Hopefully we will see you back with us in the dead sea soon.
Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We are here now...spent a little time in the sea, then spa, then a GREAT dinner. Oddly, the hotel has no rooms facing the sea. We are on the end with a 3 foot window in the corner facing the water, even though we have a 15 foot wall which could have windows with views.

This area is extremely expensive...we are paying $277/night for a double room which is what they had available last minute. The room is sparse but comfy. Only two bath towels in the bathroom, no soap dish, and plastic furniture, which I realized was because of the waters. Still seems odd :)

We enjoyed the spa..quite beautiful with the sea waters in the swimming pool.

The dinner at the hotel was going to be $30 per person which we didn't want to pay...for a buffet, so we ventured out across the street to the sea side. We found a GREAT cafe called "CafeCafe". Incredible menu and the food was the best I've had in two weeks in the Middle East. They also have a full bar if you care to indulge. The place doesn't look like much, and the service is so-so, which it seems to be in general around here, but the food is amazing.

SO, without thinking about it, we walked across the street, plopped down in a chair, then walked into the sea. Very dumb! You really need shoes unless your feet are tough. Then I decided to swim because I couldn't walk. Dumb again. I smacked my hand on a salt crystal and cut it up pretty well. I have a cold and have been blowing my nose. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE with the salt water on your hands! My nose was burning, my eyes, the new cut on my hand, and also my feet.

I'm not usually a klutz...but this place needs user friendly directions rather than just being handed a very skimpy towel.

There is a hotel next door...Rimini or something that has balconies and every room has a sea view if you go out on the balcony. I don't know the pricing over there, but that is where I would look into next time.

There is a hotel called the Gardens that looks like an old hospital...really dreary. AND some people have written about the age of the guests here...guess I'd have to agree, but I'm in my 50's and felt right at home. Funny people, right out of Central Casting... "People who go to European Spas and are over 50". Lots of New York Jews ...doing their New York thing.

Overall good experience. Just a little austere in service and comforts.

And in response to noise...Walking down the hall on the way to our room, I could hear people in the rooms...including loud TV's, but we don't hear anything in our room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WineDineDive
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 3, 2011

2 months after I had a very pleasant stay in Oasis Dead sea(see tripadvisor March 2011)
I stayed now in it's bigger brother Spa club which shares the same beautiful spa facilities,
but it's guests get there more free time and more free benefits.very good.
The room in Spa club was bigger and higher,so I had a wider and nicer panoramic view of the red sea and the red mountains around from the 6th.floor.
BUT the best thing for me was the fact that they don't let creaming and restless kids with thier narvous parents to stay in this hotel(they are sent to Oasis),
and no cellular phones or smoking in the public areas(and the spa areas).WONDERFUL.
a real relaxation.
The staff was nice and friendly as always.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank yuda1953
PrimaHotels, Webmaster at Hotel Spa Club Dead Sea, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
How wonderful that you returned to stay with us and that you took the time to write such a great review! We are glad you appreciated the relaxing atmosphere and we hope that you return to stay with us. I will forward your kind words to the staff. Hope to see you again soon!
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the spa facilities. The variety of baths, steam rooms, pools, etc. was excellent and though they were crowded at times, one could always find a place to fit in. The other guests, all adult, were generally friendly and seemed happy to be there. The food(breakfast and dinner) was good and the quantities were quite sufficient without being overly wasteful. From the time we were greeted by the excellent receptionist, Nuriel, until we left, we felt taken care of. My wife had a massage which was professional and helpful. The pre-dinner free snacks of fruit and juice was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saba_avraham
PrimaHotels, Manager at Hotel Spa Club Dead Sea, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review.
We take pride in the concept of our hotel and we are glad you found everything to be comfortable and to your liking.
Hopefully we will see you back with us in the Dead Sea soon. Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel.

Hag Samech !
Prima Hotels
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 31, 2011

After a long session in the university me and my friend decided to have a nice relaxing holiday in Israel and chose SpaClub as it was strongly recommended by everyone as a quite place where you can just relax. What is in reality? Everything was quite ok, but one thing was just terrible. Personal, who cleaned our room. Russian women, who maybe didn't understand that tablet "Shhh!" on our door meant they shouldn't speak loud. No, they didn't speak loudly, they were just shouting!Singing!And what not!I won't wonder if someday they'd dance. I'm Russian myself, but during our holiday I've learnt so many Russian bad words, about which I just didn't know! At 8 o'clock in the morning they started they discussions and finally we knew who was doing something, where when with whom and how!It was terrible. In our tour we had breakfasts included. Don't take them! There was just nothing to eat. Lunches they don't have at all. And the cost for dinner is about 120-140 shekels. There also wasn't a great variety of meal. We had so great dinners in Daniel Hotel for the same money and Daniel is really good. If I knew, I'd prefer Isrotel, Daniel or Le Meridian. Crown Plaza is also very good. The other "perfect" part of our tour was just yesterday. We arrived in Ovda(Airport) and were the first in the queue for customs. We stayed in it for 4 hours! They just ignored pairs of girls.Family couples, children, men, everybody was passing. But not pairs of girls. The time of departure was 16.30. It was already 17.00. They were chatting, laughing and didn't pay any attention. We were 7 people. Somebody said them that we'll be late for the plane. What did they answered? It was some kind of "shut up. i ask questions and you answer". Finally there was one delay on 1.10 hour and it was terrible. To sum up, if some day I decide to return, I won't fly in Ovda and won't live in SpaClub.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
As evidenced by many of the other guest reviews, the Spa Club hotel is known for its calm environment and relaxing atmosphere. Additionally, the food is recommended very highly and the reason that the hotel is not serving lunch is because the breakfast is served everyday till 12 in the afternoon.

Prima Hotels