“dreadfull”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
montreal
“dreadfull”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

what a mistake it was spending my vacation there,the place stinks like sewage ,the bathrooms are crawling with flies and insects and besides the overworked and understaffed waiters,the managment was sooo rude at the hotel .the food was terrible even the sodas whicl are all inclusive were watered down ,wouldnt recommend to my worst enemy ,really awefull experience there, the only positive thing i can recall is the weather which has nothing to do with the hotel ,it was sunny 30C and dry evry day.
did i mention the 2 computers that they have in the whole hotel wasnt working all week? even at the rate of 10$ u.s an hour? my wife was so dissapointed i had to make it up to her big time after we left that stink bomb hotel whch i did by taking her to hertzlia in dan hotels there read my commentary thank u...
p.s gimme a few days i will post photos

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank oops580

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
Cupertino, CA
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My wife and two children stayed at this hotel recently as part of a two week visit to Israel. We chose this hotel because it has a private beach on the Dead Sea (and my wife loves the Dead Sea mud). It should be noted that there are two different Tulip hotels in Ein Bokek (one is this one - The Golden Tulip - it's an all inclusive hotel that includes all meals INCLUDING unlimited alchohol). The other one is the Tulip Inn (which I know nothing about).

There were several problems with our stay.

First, when we arrived, we were informed that our reservation (for a family room) did not include the price for the children. We were changed an extra $150 / night for the kids. I had certainly reserved the family room for two adults & two children; something was wrong with the reservation process on their website. I thought this was an exorbitant additional cost, but there was nothing I could do.

Second, there was no mud to apply at the beach. We used to live in Israel in the 1990s, and my wife fell in love with the self applied mud treatments that one can do at the Ein Gedi Spa. Our hotel did not have any "vats" of mud next to the beach. I asked the reception desk about this, and she said we could buy it at the gift store (so much for the All inclusive hotel). Anyway, we ended up having to drive to the spa at Ein Gedi to get the mud. So, the main purpose of staying at this location (the private dead sea beach) was negated.

Also, considering we paid so much for the room, the accomodations were quite spartan. It was the worst appointed room of all five of the places we stayed during our Israel visit (and it was the most expensive - even more than our Suite at the Hilton in Eilat).

The food (as I mentioned as being all inclusive) was pretty good. The breakfasts and dinners were both fine although nothing spectacular.

We checked in to this hotel on a Friday (weekend day) and checked out on Sunday (week day in Israel). It was packed on Friday/Saturday, but almost empty on Sunday. It seems this is a popular weekend destination for the Israelis. Some of the things (like the game room) were closed on Sunday. Also, they didn't have the kids food options (nuggets, hot dogs) out on Sunday, but they were available when we asked.

The location (Ein Bokek) was fine. It is about 20minutes from Masada and 30minutes from Ein Gedi.

I definitely would NOT stay at this hotel again. It ended up being extremely expensive, and we did not even get the dead sea mud that my wife desired. If we were to plan this visit again, I would have stayed at the Kibbutz at Ein Gedi and just used the Spa at Ein Gedi (included in the Kibbutz rate) that we ended up using anyway.

• Liked — location near the dead sea
  • Disliked — the cost
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gbob
Bekasi Barat
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I stayed here during my recent visit to Israel, and was travelling with a group (as part of a Holyland tour). We stayed for 1 night and I find the hotel to be pretty good. It's an all inclusive resort, with very decent room (I stayed at a double room on the 3rd floor) - which is spacious, clean and nicely decorated. It has a balcony overlooking the pool. The food was also acceptable. Breakfast was quite enjoyable really. The beach was clean (way better that the dead sea on Jordan side..hehehe) and the spa, though not at all 'glamorous' was a fun treat, I suppose. All and all it was a good place to stay in :)

• Liked — The beach was really nice
  • Disliked — The dining hall
  • Stayed April 2008
1 Thank mondaychild
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed April 9, 2007

I was there over Passover as part of a large group. The food, the facilities, the rooms were all OK/average; the service, however, was outstanding. No matter what the request (extra cot, broken air conditioner, more pillows), the response time was super fast. On the other hand, the spa was no great shakes; I've had better in the Dead Sea and certainly in other places in Israel. The all-inclusiveness was nice, mostly for the free-flowing soft drinks, but I'd rather pay less for half board (full board is just too much food). I'd go back if I got a great price but there are better hotels in the Dead Sea.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Spa
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank dcdriver
PT,IL
Reviewed August 6, 2006

we have stayed at that hotel for family vacations several times.
we haven't been there for two years, and we are right now after a long weekend at that hotel.
it seems that they have kept an ongoing improvements, and we have enjoyed very much the vacation.
they have added new attraction for the kids, the "all included" around the swimming pool is better, and the service was quick and polite.
we felt that we recieved a full reward, and certainley will come again with our kids.

• Liked — the view to the pool
  • Disliked — the elevators
  • Tips/Secrets — they have packed meals if you are going out for a whole day
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank avi
Israel
Reviewed May 15, 2006

I arranged a workshop for 30 people in February 2005 at this hotel.

1. I had asked in advance that a certain number of electrical outlets be
placed around the tables for notebook connections. When we arrived, nothing
was set up.

2. We had asked in advance for wireless access to the Internet and were assured
numerous times that access would be provided free of charge. When we arrived
we found out that wireless access is run by an external company and that the Magic
Nirvana staff had no idea how to use it or provide its access.

3. Bottled water at the tables was provided once at the beginning of the day
and not refilled or replaced.

4. The air-conditioning was shut off by a preset clock and even in February, the
room became stifling hot. Finding a hotel staff member to turn the A/C back on
took an hour.

5. Papers left on the tables during breaks were removed by the hotel staff and
thrown in the garbage.

In general the hotel is run-down and looking to cut costs at every chance it
has. If you want a cheap weekend at a hotel at the Dead Sea and don't care much
about service - then this is the place to go.

6 Thank hankn