“Like! Like! Like!!!!!”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Toronto, Canada
“Like! Like! Like!!!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This has been an extra ordinary experience. Beautiful hotel, warm, super polite and helpful. Lovely restaurant, incredible views and a perfect location.The staff throughout the hotel were very welcoming and could not do enough for us. Nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay there again. .

Room Tip: deluxe sea veiw room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Excellent place... I came to Israel to visit family and it was good choce! Good environment, the staff is very helpful and providing good service. The food is a dream! huge verity of food and every thing very delicious especially sweets:)) II will come back again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The idea to go to Leonardo Club Dead Sea hotel developed as we were planning our first family trip to Israel. I am frequent visitor to the country but my family would be visiting for a first time. As we decided to be based in Tel Aviv we needed a beach location at Dead Sea where one can swim, and then take a shower. So obviously one of the hotels at Ein Bokek would fit the bill. Le meridien was booked by a private group so NIS350 per person charge offered by this hotel for use of all facilities, food and 30 minutes of massage seemed adequate so we booked.

Upon arrival the first problem that one would encounter is nowhere to park (granted it was passover week so number of visitors may be above average) - it is exacerbated by the fact that parking is essentially free for all - as long as one finds parking space, no one asks if you are hotel guest or not.

After we found parking space, next item on our list was to confirm our booking. at the spa, they confirmed our timing, issued vouchers for lunch, towel cards and a slip of paper for bathrobes. it is here when the fun started.
1) 80% of personnel doesnt speak any English (unusual for hotel however it primarily caters for local tourists so may be understandable) - but beware if you need something you can not explain with gestures. For what it worth, significant number of employees speak Russian.
2) as pointed by others, logistics skills of hotel management are disaster. I was able to source 3 bathrobes only probably after 3-4 trips between hotel reception, spa and the towels stand - each place arguing that they run out of bathrobes and someone else shall provide them - finally one was sourced from reception and 2 arrived at the towel stand - but that is after we literally dragged spa agent to the towel stand and letting them to decide who's responsible between them.
3) swimming pool lockers: after further 10 minutes investigation it was found that locker keys are available from the reception in exchange for a passport (I am not at all comfortable surrendering my passport to anyone when traveling abroad). Granted that may not be the problem for people who stay at the hotel.
4) lunch: very basic for "all inclusive 5-star resort". Basically included one fish (with bones) dish and several chicken varieties, salad bar and some fruits. Also soft drinks and red/white wine (although dispensed from the tap but of passable quality)
5) Beach: I never seen such dilapidated loungers before - all the ones we tried were broken in some way. there are aslo cabanas on the beach but there were all occupied (I assume one need to wake up early morning to get hold of these).

Everything else was of passable quality. Massage was adequate for the price. All-inclusive food offering throughout the day included melons, ice cream, sugar candies, soft drinks, bbq chicken wings/burger patties. We departed at the sunset.

The biggest discovery of this trip is that we didnt have to pay at all - if you park somewhere around the hotel, walk with your own towels to the hotel beach and enjoy yourself (including all food offerings but not the lunch), hotel won't turn you away and you pay nothing. I believe paying guests at this hotel may consider this offensive.

Conclusion: if all you need is a place to shower after swimming in the Dead Sea for reasonable amount that includes massage, this will be an option - however as others pointed, don't expect any service and be prepared to fight incompetence and disinterest of the hotel staff.

AX9465

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank avsm
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during two weekends in a row and found a pleasant hotel, & spectacular views of the Dead Sea.
Hotel where everything is included, there is a lovely swimming pool, numerous sun beds on the beach, a variety of delicious food and great service staff.
The room was comfortable and had a large comfortable bed.
I'd love to go back to the hotel with my family.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the new disign.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Merav E
Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two weeks for during February this year. I was pleasantly surprised because for a ling time I wasn't able to find a suitable hotel for myself. Now I think that Leonardo Club is the best hotel at the Dead sea. The food menu offers a great variety and the rooms are very comfortable and bright. The staff is generous and always willing to listen (I want to mention Tatyana and Maxim which I hope everyone would encounter at their visit). I came back from my vacation very pleased and relaxed. I want to come back soon, hopefully when it gets warmer. Thanks to everyone at Leonardo Club hotel! Ruslan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As far as the Dead Sea goes - it's an absolute must see and do in Israel. Do NOT miss it. But DO NOT stay at this hotel. The staff is overwhelmed by the crowds, and clearly not up to task. Rooms weren't ready - we were early so fine - only 1 of 2 rooms was ready at one point, and when i went to get the 2nd room, you would have thought that would have gone a little quicker and that too was a hassle to get someone's attention. Don't get me wrong, staff was nice - in general -but completely understaffed. One room had the customary welcome fruit and water etc. and the other was missing almost every amenity. There were 2 really big problems 1) it smelled like complete urine up and down my hallway 2) i tried repeatedly to get a hold of the front desk to address some of my issues only to have it ring and ring without answer. After 4 separate attempts i gave up as we were only there for a night. The SPA was ok - also a bit disorganized, had a massage and was waiting 15 minutes past my time with nobody around to ask. The food was basically slop - it's all -inclusive, but you would be better served by eating elsewhere. The dining room was disgusting - again totally understaffed - dirty tables everywhere, hard to find a clean one to sit at - and when we did we weren't even sure it was totally cleaned.
Message to the management: reorganize, clean it up, or close it/sell it to someone who will = you are wasting premium location and what could be a splendid experience on the Dead Sea.

Room Tip: you really shouldn't stay here at all - but if you do, make sure you get a view of the Dead Sea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1TravelSnob
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Dear Traveler,
My advise is to limit you expectations

When I booked a stay at your hotel because I was hoping that we would be able to take advantage of the services advertised in the hotel website, specifically, i was hoping to treat my wife with a good massage and perhaps one for myself. Upon checking at the Spa desk, was told that we could not book a massage as most of the provider did not show to work.

In general, I think that customer service is nonexistent, no one ever greeted us anywhere within the hotel's grounds and when I asked the at the spa desk on the Lack Of Acknowledgment, she responded that I should have greeted her first.

I believe that the staff is not trained to provide quality service or creat a welcoming and warm environment. the feel they have captive audience and take their guests for granted. The entertainment quality was sub-par and the general feeling is that the hotel management agenda is to get by with the least efforts and cost. The exception to this general conduct surprisingly came from the room cleaning staff that was very friendly and tried to make the experience better than the hotel management intended for it to be.

A little effort to improve the environment will go a long way toward building a good name for your hotel and ensure loyal customer base.
I will not stay again in any of your hotel chain

Elie Balas