Frankly I had mixed feelings staying at the hotel with my wife after reading the various mainly not too complimentary reviews. However as the hotel was booked in advance by a friend we carried on regardless. Check-in/out was efficient. Lobby was bright and done up in contemporary style. Room was clean and comfortable with view of Dead Sea and Jordan mountains in the distance. Comfortable enough for an overnight stay. Bathroom had long bath/shower. Big bottle of complimentary water in the room was a nice touch. Free hotel wifi was good throughout hotel.
Hotel elevator quite slow hence preferred to walk-up/down instead of waiting interminably for it. Buffet dinner and breakfast was decent with a wide range of dishes.
There's a courtesy shuttle from the hotel to the beach which is across the road. We initially waited for the shuttle however the intervals between them seemed longer than necessary and those that came around were usually full. We then decided to walk over which took less than five minutes.
Overall, the stay was decent - in some respects better than I expected. However, hotel staff need to be better trained to respond to customers. At check-out for example I approached the reception area and stood right in front of two staff (one of them obviously training an intern on certain procedures) for a few minutes before they attended to me - and there was nobody else around. After they had finished their discussion they were polite in assisting me with the check-out which took less than 1 minute!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Oasis Dead Sea Resort - nestled between the Judean hills and the shore of the Dead Sea - offers a new grand entrance pavilion and reception, contemporary accommodations and beautiful spacious grounds. Hotel amenities: Deluxe world class Oasis spa decorated in Moroccan style, advanced fitness center. • 135 Rooms with sea view (2 Wheelchair Accessible Rooms) with FREE wifi in room and public areas • 8 suites • Courtesy Tea & Coffee making facilities in room • Mini refrigerator in room • Multi channel TV • Safe deposit box in room • "Beer Garden" patio • Free access to a deluxe Spa featuring: Personal sulfur baths, wet & dry Finnish sauna & Turkish Hamam Heated indoor Dead Sea water pool and outdoor swimming pool Fitness room VIP spa-suites with private Jacuzzi, for couples massage • Solarium • Private beach • Kids Club • Free wireless internet in public area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Prima Oasis Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Dead Sea Hotel Ein Bokek
- Prima Oasis Dead Sea Israel