“Decent stay”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Frankly I had mixed feelings staying at the hotel with my wife after reading the various mainly not too complimentary reviews. However as the hotel was booked in advance by a friend we carried on regardless. Check-in/out was efficient. Lobby was bright and done up in contemporary style. Room was clean and comfortable with view of Dead Sea and Jordan mountains in the distance. Comfortable enough for an overnight stay. Bathroom had long bath/shower. Big bottle of complimentary water in the room was a nice touch. Free hotel wifi was good throughout hotel.

Hotel elevator quite slow hence preferred to walk-up/down instead of waiting interminably for it. Buffet dinner and breakfast was decent with a wide range of dishes.

There's a courtesy shuttle from the hotel to the beach which is across the road. We initially waited for the shuttle however the intervals between them seemed longer than necessary and those that came around were usually full. We then decided to walk over which took less than five minutes.

Overall, the stay was decent - in some respects better than I expected. However, hotel staff need to be better trained to respond to customers. At check-out for example I approached the reception area and stood right in front of two staff (one of them obviously training an intern on certain procedures) for a few minutes before they attended to me - and there was nobody else around. After they had finished their discussion they were polite in assisting me with the check-out which took less than 1 minute!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about the Oasis hotel; we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Hope to see you again in Israel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just an average hotel, but so expensive. We reserved 2 rooms. The elevator service is very slow. The dining room and food service over that particular period was below our expectations. We had to wait in line for at least 15 mins. for omelettes! When I requested help from the dining room manager, he replied rudely. No bread was served at breakfast on the second day , after the Passover - disappointing. We were shocked by the dirty state of the sea side - I felt embarrassed for tourists and visitors from abroad. We talked with other guests who agreed.
This is so important for overall impression of the Dead Sea.
The swimming pool and area was disappointing.
No evening entertainment - everything dead at the Dead Sea.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra H
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for placing your opinion at the Tripadvisor.
Providing a better service is our goal, consequently we are grateful for your constructive notes.
We do apologize for your stay and we hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you a different experience at Prima hotels.
Karmiel, Israel
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is not an easy review to write, as there are things about the Oasis that were wonderful, and others that were terrible. if I had to sum it up briefly, the rooms, spa, beach and food were excellent, but several very unprofessional incidents made this hotel unacceptable and we would not return.

First of all, we were there celebrating a birthday and when the reservation was made and this was mentioned, we were told we would have a fruit basket waiting in the room. When we arrived,it wasn't there, so I went to the front desk and after checking our reservation, was told the fruit basket would be delivered "soon". This continued 4x throughout the next 3 days, each time being told we have a "VIP room" and the fruit basket was on its way. It never arrived. If you don't have a special birthday service, why offer it?

Secondly, we went to the lounge Thursday night and decided we would like cocktails. Knowing the area, I decided to keep it simple and ordered a Tequila Sunrise. After being met with a blank stare, I asked for a Mojito. The "bartender" had no idea what either of these drinks were. I explained and was told there is no rum or tequila. In frustration, I finally asked for Emerald Riesling and was brought a glass of red wine. When I told the waitress it is a white wine and showed her on the menu, she contradicted me, and told me it is red wine and very unhappily took it back and told me they would go look for a white wine and never came back. The hotel is full. Why no bartender or at least someone who can make a very basic cocktail or know what wine is on the menu? Finally my husband brought me a glass of water as even after asking for a glass of wine several times after sending back the red "Emerald Riesling", it never arrived.

In general, when people are on vacation, they like to be pampered a bit and the staff was in general, quit unfriendly and not helpful. It is a great location and the hotel has lots of potential, but the staff needs a lesson on very basic customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and helpful review
I Have forwarded your review to the food and beverage Manager to provide an emphasis on the wine list training and also to provide training for helpful and friendly service.
We hope you will give us another chance when visiting the Dead Sea area.

You may contact me via email at the hotel where I will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Best Regards.
Culver City, CA
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our tour group stayed here for two nights. The room was pleasant and comfortable. There is a beautiful spa area which includes a salt water pool; there's also a freshwater outdoor pool. The hotel has a small private beach right across the road. Breakfast buffet is ample and includes an omelette station. The front desk people were fluent in English and very courteous as was the receptionist when I booked a spa treatment.
Negatives: aside from the reception people, many of the other employees speak Hebrew and Russian, but not English. The dining room staff members were quite deadpan and not particularly helpful. My masseuse was wonderful, but her lack of English created some communication difficulties (for example, I got dressed because I didn't realize she was going to bring me a robe). The phone in my room did not work, and although two different receptionists told me they were going to send someone to fix it, that never happened. The location is great, but if I return I would try one of the other hotels up and down the road.

Room Tip: A high room will have the best view. All rooms have a little triangular window that gives a slice o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and helpful review

furthermore we thank you for your remarks regarding your diffuculty to communicate due to the language barrier and we are begining english classes in the hotel for our staff to strengrhen this matter. We do apologize for your stay and we hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you the merits of our hotel. Thank you again and your comments will only help us improve for future customers.
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Oasis Dead Sea is an amazing hôtel in Ein Bokek.
Very modern, all rooms with view on Dead Sea, friendly service, great spas, pools and a private beach.
I highly recommend it for a stay in Ein Bokek, it is in the centre of the city, also perfect base to go to Masada which is 10 min away by bus.

• Stayed April 2014
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are more than happy to welcome you back soon. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words!
Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great spa hotel, quiet, relaxed atmosphere without children without mobile place to relax and have fun .
The hotel staff were nice and polite .
Beach opposite the hotel is clean and well maintained,
Avaried breakfast is served until 12:00

Room Tip: Good value fo the money
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
BCPRIMA, Public Relations Manager at Prima Oasis Dead Sea, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review.
We take pride in the design of our hotel and its unique concept of quiet environment, artistic and contemporary decor and we are glad you found everything to be comfortable and to your liking.

Hopefully we will see you back with us in Dead Sea soon.
Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very poor. Hotel staff unpolite And unprofessional , especially for a 4 star hotel. Both rooms And common areas were rather dirty. The food was mediocre and without much choice. The pool has some of the dirtiest matresses i have ever seen in my whole life. Dinner closes at 8:30. Mainly russian tourists. Never again for me.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Boris206
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your in depth report on our hotel.
All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests. .
Additionally, the food is recommended very highly, That being said, we are sorry that the hotel and experience didn't see your acceptations