Staying at the Dead Sea can be disappointing, since the hotels there are not on par with other hotels in Israel (standards in Eilat, for example, are much higher). Other problems are that most of the hotels are not directly on the beach, and weekends and holidays can make the hotels packed and terribly noisy . Since there are virtually no attractions outside of the hotel, guests tend to stay in.
The Hod Hamidbar Hotel has it's own ajacent beach, and does not really cater for children, so it tends to be much quieter than other places around as most of the guests are middle age with no children. The spa is very clean and well kept (something not too common at other Dead Sea hotels).
Rooms are average, and don't have a balcony (although there is a nice one next to the lobby), food is ok, lobby is nice and the beach is terrific.
I would recommend this hotel for couples without children, who want a quiet stay at the Dead Sea, and who are looking for a good spa and easy access to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Dead Sea shores in the north of Ein Bokek region, the Hodhamidbar Hotel has free Wi-Fi in the lobby and includes a sea-view terrace with a salt-water swimming pool. The free spa area includes a sulfur pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness room. Hodhamidbar Resort & Spa Hotel also provides free access to its private beach with lounge chairs and sun umbrellas. The staff provides entertainment activities in the evening. All rooms at the Hotel Hodhamidbar include satellite TV with international channels, air conditioning and private bathroom with a hairdryer. Some rooms offer views of the Dead Sea. Free phone calls to various international destinations are available. The hotel has 9 internet points and bikes for touring the area. Parking is possible at the hotel, subject to availability. Public parking in front of the hotel is charged extra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hod Hamidbar Resort and Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hod Hamidbar Hotel Ein Bokek
- Hod Hamidbar Resort And Spa Hotel Dead Sea, Israel