“Good place to relax.”

Lot Spa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
“Good place to relax.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Very relaxing. Again. Friendly, clean, private beach, and all you can eat buffet you like to eat all you can. I can recommend the stay in November, not too hot, water of the Dead Sea is nice and clean.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank RoRaSa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel was the chosen hotel for our bus tour to the Dead Sea as we enjoyed a day excursion from our cruise ship docked at Ashdod (Tel Aviv). We had a very nice group lunch with ample selections and then enjoyed their spa facilities so that we could "swim" in the Dead Sea. The facilities were clean, well maintained and looked like a great place to stay if this were a vacation destination.

I have no complaints of this hotel (keep in mind I was NOT an overnight hotel guest). There was a shopping mall with a McDonalds across the street and several other Dead Sea hotels in the cluster but this looked as good as if not better than the others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Alan A
San Fernando, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After researching the different hotels and spas at the Dead Sea but not getting adequate information, and then seeing all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try the Lot Spa Hotel. We had never been to a spa before and didn’t know what to expect so we came for only the day. It turned out to be a good choice and very nice. We took a bus from Jerusalem and the bus stop is directly in front of the hotel, which made it very convenient.

We only went to the LotuSpa and did not stay over night. The changing/locker room and shower area were a little dated and could use a few more benches but it was fine – you’re not there very long so it was ok. As you first walk into the lobby of the treatment area, it is very serene with lit candles giving it a tranquil ambiance. The small treatment room was very clean and had its own private shower. I had the therapeutic Dead Sea Body Mud Wrap and it was quite an experience feeling the squishy mud between your fingers and toes. Because you are wrapped up in blankets for 20 minutes and it gets rather hot, your attendant makes sure you have cold water to keep sipping. The ladies who work here were very nice. They were all Russian. Some spoke English and those who didn’t, we were able to communicate in Hebrew. Included with the entrance fee for the spa is the indoor heated Dead Sea water pool and the outdoor swimming pool. You pay extra for the sulphur pool, which we did, and of course the individual treatments of the Spa. While floating in the Dead Sea pool, I got a teeny, tiny splash of salt water in my eye (it stung like the dickens) and one of the attendants who saw what happened was there immediately with a cup of water to rinse out my eye. They were very attentive. Most of the patrons are European or British and on the older side but it didn’t matter to us one bit, as mentioned by other posters on TA.

A lovely buffet lunch is available for an extra fee that had a very nice selection from which to choose including hot dishes and all kinds of salads and desserts. The ice cream was particularly refreshing considering how hot it is at the Dead Sea.

The Lot is one of the few hotels on the beach and there is direct access to their own private beach and the Dead Sea. The beach and pool areas are very clean and well kept. My only grumble about the outdoor swimming pool is that it has an awning and the pool is in the shade so if you want to be in the sun, you have to either be out of the pool sitting in the lounge chairs or you’ll have to go sit out on the beach. The next time we are in Israel, we will definitely come back to the Lot Spa Hotel and spend a couple of days here taking advantage of more of their spa services.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank TwinTourists
Ploiesti, Romania
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was in Lot hotel for 10 days and the experience was very good. The spa is excellent , the pool the same and meals were diversified and very tasty.The only problem is the situation of the rooms: very little , the balcony has space only for one chair and a lot of ants inside.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view. You pay mare but is worthly.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank bibicu
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very small room. Totally tired and dinig room similar to kibbutz or youth hostel except a £200.00 a night price tag.
The guests are mostly sick people looking for cure for skin problems.
Entertainment awful similar to 2 star hotel.
No luxury at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jen545
Israel
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

On my last night of a 5 day stay at the Lot Hotel and have enjoyed every minute. Older than most of the other hotels in the area, but the service is great and the food was varied and plentiful. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but I only need to sleep in the room, not spend the whole vacation in it. Pool was nice and being able to walk straight out to the sea was a bonus, many of the hotels are not situated where this is possible. I would choose to come again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Haggis1961
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This is the third hotel I have stayed in at Ein Bokek in the last 25 years ! I have been coming to the Dead Sea for one month every year since 1987 so I know the area and facilities very well.Last year I stayed at the Le Meridien Hotel owned and managed by the Fattal Group but they never valued their long stay guests ( I usually stay 24 to 30 nights ) so this year I decided to stay at The Lot.

The Lot is a small hotel with great access to the Dead Sea ,the beach is clean and well kept and has a Spa.The Swimming pool is clean and lacks sun in the late afternoon as it is shaded by the buildings all around. The rooms are pretty small but are fine,the air conditioner worked and the balcony was small and the room was cleaned every day ( bar one day ). The Solarium on the roof was cramped and dirty and I did not feel comfortable.

The Breakfast was good but one morning they refused to make my wife a Cappucino because it was Shabbat and did not want to turn the Cappucino Machine on even though they were vacuming the rooms with an electric Hoover on the 7th floor. The dinner was poor to average and most nights the food tasted the same with no or little variety. The chicken was cooked the same and tasted the same every night but had a different name !! The Pastas were smothered in sauce and even had Ravioli in a curry sauce ( my Wife is Italiian and nearly puked but she did suggest that she would go intothe kitchens to teach the chefs how to make Pasta ! )

I would Stay at the Hotel Lot again but only because of convenience as I have to visit the area every year for my health. It fulfills my need and the staff at The Lot seemed more committed to make your stay more enjoyable than the staff at Le Meridien . In summing up there are pros and cons for staying at Le Meridien or The Lot and all in all either hotel will suffice ! The free Wi Fi at The Lot is a plus and the better cleaner solarium at Le Meridien is where I spend most of my time ! I haven't decided where I will stay in 2013 but I still have another 15 hotels in the area to try !!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo