This was a family trip with kids and family friends, about 12+ people in total. When we arrived it was like a ghost town, not very busy, no-one around to ask anything. We went to the desk to start getting things sorted out and we had some issues with the room bookings which was caused by the agent booking. It took me a while to have them understand that I could not have my 3 and 6yr old in a room without an inter leading door, but eventually they saw the light.
I had high hopes for this hotel, but it failed in multiple ways:
1. The bath did not drain 100%, so there was residual water right at the bottom with what looked like toilet paper or something in the bath. It didn't look too serious so we cleaned it up and tried to clean the bath before putting the kids in.
2. Internet in the room we stayed did not work well. I was walking around the room trying to make sure I left my phone in a place so that i would get msgs and email during the night.
3. "No ketchup for breakfast". This is apparently not served with breakfast....that is a new one for me. My son wasn't too happy, but he survived.
4. You can't use a credit card for drinks, and since they didn't tell us or ask for us to register a credit card when we checked in, this lead to issues when trying to get a drink at dinner/lunch etc.
5. There was chaos for all meals. It kind of looked like the staff were overwhelmed by the number of people in the hotel. I couldn't watch people picking the meringue off the deserts, going behind the counter to get croissants and deserts off the kitchen trays, shouting at each other in the egg/omlette line ( when it was open ).
6. Dirty glasses for drinking. I stood behind a guy who took about 3-4 glasses before he found one that didn't look like it had been used.
This was the worst accommodation we had on this trip. This is a big hotel, but there never seemed to be any staff around when you needed them. My pic of the concierge desk says it all...lights are on, but no one seems to be home. I would try another hotel in this location ( there are a few ) before staying here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your David Dead Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridien Dead Sea
- Le Meridien Ein Bokek
- Ein Bokek Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Dead Sea
- David Dead Sea Resort & Spa Israel