“The hotel takes care of you all during your stay!”

David Dead Sea Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very large hotel, the hotel is large and spacious rooms charming entertainment team that takes the time to stay happily and with great pleasure! Very high standard of food and excellent service! Spa hotel and excellent high-level visit is highly recommended! Good time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EITAN E

Reviewed November 7, 2013

First the good part: Its a huge luxury hotel on the Dead Sea region. Rooms are huge and clean. Mine had a separate section for the bedroom and living room. Great bathroom amenities with bathrobe (which you will need if you go to the dead sea). Now the sad part: Our group went last September. It was a busy period since most of the holidays happened that month so lots of locals were checked in. Check in went fairly well. There was one guy who was helpful. We then all went up to our respective rooms to wait for our luggage so we can all change and proceed to the dead sea.

I took out some files to do some work while waiting. An hour later I noticed my luggage has not yet been sent. I then called our guide to ask if she has her luggage and said no and that she called the Bell captain to follow up. I also did call but no answer. While waiting I got hungry so I tried calling room service. No answer. Called thrice, only ringing. Luggage arrived after two hours and it was hot - yes hot as if it came from the oven! I went down the lobby and found out that some of our passengers went down earlier looking for their luggage as well. They saw our luggages outside the hotel not yet brought up. The sad part is, the porters were just there doing nothing. Its fine if they were busy you can understand that. So one of our colleagues asked the porter why they are not yet bringing up our luggage and he just stared! Another one just grabbed her suitcase and brought it up herself.

I then went to the reception and looked for the duty manager. They asked why. I said I want to talk to her or him and asked the name of the manager. The girl said she doesnt know. Huh??? You dont know the name of your boss??? Another person butt in and said the girl was new - I said even if you are new surely you will know who is the boss of the hotel right? After so many arguements and I was tired and irritated I already screamed at them. Later a lady came out who said she was the duty manager. I explained about the luggage thing, then the fact that no one answers room service etc. She apologised and I just asked where the wifi area is cause I need to work. I wasted several hours waiting for the luggage and phone not ringing and its too late for me to wait for the shuttle to bring me to the dead sea.

I worked at the lobby cafe and when I was paying they said its on the house. Ok thats fine but hen later another incident during dinner. The dinging area is so huge maybe can accommodate a thousand people but all seats almost taken and the place is just a riot. Our guide and I reservered a table for our group. I had been to Israel several dozen times but its the first time we didnt have a reserved table and no name plate. Our guide told the restaurant supervisor to tell our group to proceed to the reserved table when they arrive after the swim.

Several hours later, our guide and I were done with dinner, no one arrived. Apparently they did go to the dining area but not allowed to go inside cause it was full. The supervisor never instructed the stupid receptionist who was clueless on customer service. They were told to go up for another dinner place but found none so our guide raised hell.

I went to the front desk again an looked for the lady duty manager. I told her what happened and she was apologetic. She mentioned that she has to give our group something when we leave in the morning. I said no need. All she has to do is apologize to everyone.

The following morning, it was I who had an awful experience with the dining area. They said the place was full so I cant go in. I went up to another dining area and since I could recall what happened the evening before I made sure I got into the right alternative place. I took something hurried since we had to leave. Guess what when I took one of the quiche looking omelette, I bit something hard and they were egg shells! They cooked the omelette with egg shells.!

I just let in a hurry, checked out and looked for the duty manager. She was gone. No apololgies ever. She forgot about us. I vowed never to use that hotel again.

I called our tour operator to tell them what happened. When I reached Jerusalem I received an apology from the GM of the hotel chain. It sort of appeased me however I am still wary of using it again. I heard form other friends in Jerusalem that the service in most Dead Sea hotels are really bad including this supposedly 5 star Meridien hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Maan
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Well clearly the hotel is not a 5 star, or maybe in the 80's but in that case it has not been refurbished since then, and the location in the desert makes that everything gets stained and used quite quickly.
So the good points: - location, just at the entrance of Ein Bokek, with a private beach on the Dead Sea which is very convenient to experiment one of those famous sea bathing in the salty waters. Yet, once again the layout is not exceptional, and all the deckchairs feel pretty tired. - food, nothing exceptional but decent for an hotel of that size. You find meat, poultry and fish. - Staff, who is helpful and usually smiling. Or at the front desk has been really nice with helping us switch rooms to get a better view.
- Now the negative points are obviously that all the rooms and common ares are pretty dated, not always clean and with some stains.

So obviously an average hotel with the pros and cons, but if you can strike a good deal (and I think it was our case since the rate was roughly $230 for 3 people with breakfast and dinner included), it can be a good base to visit the dead sea area (Ein Gedi and Masada, which are minutes away by car).

Oh and if you were thinking about getting some mud from the Dead Sea, the natural one you can find on public beaches is quite stained, so it s likely you are going to end up buying it from Ahava or putting some on at the Mineral Beach

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We know that hotels within one chain can vary but we assumed that the 'Le Meridien' brand name meant a certain standard. I should have known there was a problem when the door man gave us no help at all when we were struggling with our cases. After lining up for some time, we found the receptionist unwelcoming and a surly. Unlike other 'resort' hotels we have stayed in, there is only one restaurant - an enormous buffet dining-hall. Staff there were friendly but over-stretched.

The rooms were acceptable but nothing more, with an empty cigarette packet lying on the balcony. Should you lose one of the thin, measly beach towels they provide, they charge you $20. Calling down to reception for help on the WiFi log in was unpleasant - the woman was rude to me and I gave up.

Bathing in the Dead Sea was wonderful. The Concierge did not know the time of sunrise at nearby Masada (a popular hike for tourists) and was anyway, too busy to advise and later on, the Manager had no information at all on this and did not seem to care that there was no concierge around to advise.

We stayed only one night and were glad to escape!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Gillian100
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Completed my stay at Le Meridian Dead Sea from Oct 16th to Oct 18th and this was the worst hotel experience ever.
Hotel is very poorly managed with people coming and going with no security in sight.
On our first night, received knocking on my door art 2am with a man on the other side claiming he was "Housekeeping".
Clearly at 2am and with my "Do not disturb light" on there is no way it was Housekeeping.
We were located on the 16th floor for Starwood Preffered guests and this was very alarming since as i mentioned earlier there is no security at all and no cameras in sight.
Very frightening to say the least and when i contacted Front Desk, they said they would said someone up.
I never saw any hotel staff member to say the least and when i complained and wanted to speak with Management he too could care less because he never contacted us to address this issue.
Luckily, we were smart enough not to open the door!
Now on to the builinding itself. The hotel is very tired looking, moldy and not kept clean at all.
Also, one day we were looking for towels for the pool and of course they ran out and were not able to let us know when more towels would be available. Staff just rolled their eyes and could not be bothered to help.
If you are looking for a disgusting,poorly run and unsafe place to stay with hotel staff who could care less about you and any issues you have while staying at this DUMP then Le Meridien is the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paka1972
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was chagrined to find myself booked at this joint. The couple I was taking around paid $310 per night!!! Highway robbery for this place! Dinner was a madhouse, and their room wasn't ready (we checked in at almost 6 pm!
Keep away, keep away, keep away...

Room Tip: In any other hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank priest22
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had been here 5 years ago and remembered it being nice so I was excited to return. My experience this time was awful. Our room was filthy and we had to ask twice for someone to come clean the bathroom. It smelled strongly of urine and the floor was black. The carpets in the room and hallway hadn't been vacuumed in who knows how long. Getting towels for the pool was a joke. Apparently the dryer broke so after complaining, we were given bathrobes to use as towels. The pool area was absolutely filthy. The walkways were muddy and littered with trash. Edging around the pool is coming apart and there is mold all along the tiles. The lawn chairs were quite dirty as well. This place needs some major cleaning! I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends