“Not like I remembered”

David Dead Sea Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for our 1 year anniversary. I booked the hotel because I stayed there before when I was younger. I was rather disappointed that it was not as nice as my memory. The hotel was under construction for some kind of show. We had trouble getting into our room as the key did not work properly. The bathroom was not clean. The concierge did send us fruit and wine because it was our anniversary, but the fruit was already spoiling. I was also surprised to see that we were one of, if not the youngest, couples at the hotel.

The bright side, the dinner and breakfast buffets were great with plenty of choices. Be careful, as the meat is not Glatt Kosher.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sbkfl
Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Le Meridien brand promises you luxury stay all over the world. But in Israel it's something average.
Of course, it's quite good hotel.
Rooms are pretty nice but nothing remarkable.
Food was good but sometimes it was hard to find really clean plate. I really enjoyed frozen yougurt machine at breakfast. Yummy!

To sum up, I want to point out that in my opinion this hotel is a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and me spent the weekend (June 26-29) in this terrible hotel. On Friday while we were having breakfast, someone came to our room to clean, but instead of doing that, he stole from my wife"s bag 1000 shekels. After complaining to the hotel management, they called the police. The hotel's staff including the manager told us they are not responsible for that, since the police is taking care of the situation.
No apologies, total indifference is the response we received. In addition, the room was dirty and full of sand that they never cleaned.
When we checked in, since it was my wife's birthday, they told us a bottle of wine is waiting for us in the room. When we arrived, there was no wine. When I called the reception, the clerk said it was a mistake and there will be no wine.
There is no doubt this is not a 5 star hotel and we strongly recommend others not to get close to this hotel

Room Tip: Do not visit this hotel
2  Thank Roberto N
Reviewed June 29, 2013

While we were having breakfast and the staff was cleaning the room, somebody took all our money from our purse !!!
The hotel did not take any responsibility for this, they were completely unfriendly and indifferent.
Rooms are dirty, food is terrible, staff is not professional
WE WILL NEVER BE BACK AT THIS HOTEL !!!

1  Thank sandra v
Reviewed June 27, 2013

i have a best time, the food was great, we had a wonderful room and they stuff give us a good service. the hotel and pool area looked great, the rooms where clean and spacious with a great view to the pool and to the dead sea.

Room Tip: Higher floors are upgred.
2  Thank liron b
Reviewed June 23, 2013

the hotel and pool area looked very nice the rooms where clean and spacious with a great view.
However mealtimes are a nightmare the staff im afraid to say were poor some of them constantly on there mobiles!!
more of a factory canteen than a quality hotel restaurant although the food was ok
drinks not served at the table you have to get them yourself .
we arrived on a weekend and the place was very busy the pool area was filthy and very noisy
stayed 2 nights glad to leave !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mark_s551989
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The 3 star is a complement for this hotel. Everything is wrong at this filthy place . No customer service , big but smelly rooms, dirty towels, linen. Worn robes . Dirty lunch room with no service. Broken chairs and sun beds on pool area and beach area . Americans , please do not stay at this hotel, it's discussing !!!

• Stayed: May 2013