“Worst hotel of our tour”

Daniel Dead Sea Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Jut toured Israel with Gate 1 so hotels were their choice, not ours, but if you have an option,the Daniel should not be your first choice. Our room was adequate in size, but not clean. I picked up a clump of hair right near the front door, then found hair all over the bathroom floor. Again, I cleaned it up. Then wanted to head down to the Dead Sea. After waiting 30 minutes for the shuttle, we gave up and walked. Found the shuttle was being charged down by the water. Obviously, this had to be done often as we had the same problem when we wanted to go back to the hotel less than a half hour later. Shuttle was again being charged. We were very unlucky or they need to invest in a new shuttle that holds a charge or buy a second one. Then we went down to dinner. Food was OK but dinner room was awful. We moved dirty dishes off a table so they 4 of us could eat. Placed those dirty dishes on a nearby table that held other dirty dishes. They were never cleared away. By the time we finished eating, all the tables in our area were covered in dirty dishes. Very unappetizing. Then we went back to our room to go to sleep. We had twin beds pushed together. My husband's side was made up properly but my side was a disaster. Sheet only covered about 3/4 of the mattress. Top 1/4 was a bare mattress with a pillow on it. I rearranged the sheet somewhat so my body would not touch the bare mattress. No top sheet. Holes in duvet cover. I was tired enough to sleep and we were only there 1 night but I would not stay there again, no matter what. Pool area was nice, bar nice too - and served coffee, which we could not get with dinner in dining room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mbr1217
Write a ReviewReviews (2,665)

Reviewed September 20, 2011

A hotel of high quality with food to match. There was a fairly busy road to cross to reach the beach but the hotel had a mini shuttle every 20 minutes.
The resort itself could have been in Acapulco!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The property is just beautiful. There are views of the sea from every room and many of the rooms have balconies. The hotel has a large outdoor swimming pool and a number of indoor pools featuring dead sea water. This appealed to me because I do not like go to the beach and this way the dead sea came to me!

I was at the hotel when it was not particularly busy, My only complaint is that I found the staff somewhat disinterested/unfriendly ( except for the spa staff) but since I did not need anything, it was not a problem.

Property can easily be reached by Egged bus and the driver basically drops you outside the hotel.

Spa services are inexpensive by American standards and the food is tasty and plentiful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Elisheva1
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had only stayed in the Dead Sea overnight once before, when the Meridian was 5 star. Since it was downgraded we looked for another option, nearly all the first choices, like Isrotel were fuly booked. We chose the Daniel. The hotel was wild with families and full to the brim being summer vacation here, but the facilities were nice, the room was excellent and well maintained. I was spoiled by the food in the Meridien in the past and thought the dinner was mediochre, since there is now a Cafe Cafe and Aroma at Ein Bokek I would probably pass on dinner at this hotel. The pool areas were lovely and relaxing and they were open for a night swim which is unusual here in Israel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel is very convenient and nice. The meals are rich and tasteful; the staff is courteous and helpful. You can enjoy from the hotel amenities such as: spa -with dead sea water pool and few more pools heated and wit water streams, enormous play center – with full size bowling tracks (though I've heard some complains but they weren’t ignored) few pool tables, soccer table, air hockey and many more, but shouldn't forget the 'magical castle' – a special area for the little ones shaped like a castle with a crew of babysitters who plays with them, tells them stories, paintings and 'crafts' and even movies and playstation (they're all really nice but Eti was super nice).
The pool area is very big and you have a shallow one who is fenced.
There is a club car that comes to the entrance of the hotel every 15-20 minuets and gives you a lift to the privet beach. But the privet beach is shared with the neighbor-hotels and on the way to and from you have to go threw their hotel, its only a few minuets detour but sometimes in the heat of dead sea noon…
There is a shopping center 7-8 minuets walk away and a MacDonald's.

Room Tip: try to ask for a room with a balcony. prefer sea view over pool view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shai A
Reviewed June 29, 2011

this hotel is the best in the Dead sea in my opinion. Food is excellent, resturant clean ,spacious, . Staff are very helpful, specelly the reception , going out of their way to please. Rooms clean and smells good . Pool area and spa are well kept. Having stayed at other hotels in the Dead Sea I found this to be without doubt .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kayla332
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The Daniel was a nice family friendly hotel, with a private beach. The only complaint is that the showers at the beach where not working before 7:30am.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family