“credit where credit is due”
Review of Isrotel Ganim

Isrotel Ganim
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We spent our anniversary weekend at the Ganim hotel. At first I was apprehensive since this is an old hotel that has been renovated but was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room. When making the reservation I asked for a room with a view (I believe they all overlook the Dead Sea) and away from the noise (not overlooking the pool). We got what we asked for. the only downside was that the room was made up for one person but as soon as we called the desk they sent someone right away to bring another chair, set of towels , spa slippers etc.
Basically everyone went out of their way to help us and to make our stay pleasant. We had one problem with the lights in our room and i mentioned this in a letter i left when checking out. I was really surprised when i recieved a phone call from the general manager just 2 days latter. This if nothing else proves to me that service is important to them and that they take these remarks seriously. I've stayed before at the Isrotel at the Dead Sea and although it is considered a 5* hotel while Ganim is only a 4* I think that the Ganim is nicer and it is not worth paying extra for the other hotel. Unfortunately there are no balconies or bathtubs at the Ganim but this really wasn't a problem. One thing that could be improved upon is making sure that there are towels available at the pool. We went down at 8:30 and already there were no towels available at the pool or spa and we had to wait 10 minutes for some to be brought. I can understand this happening latter on in the day but already at 8:30am? all in all we will definately return to this hotel. We try to go often to the Dead Sea and we have tried just about all of the hotels down there and this one is definately a good choice for its price.

Room Tip: higher floors away from the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clila
Hani S, Sales Manager at Isrotel Ganim, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hello Clila,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to stay with Isrotel Ganim for your special occasion. I am so pleased to read our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had a memorable experience. We strive to deliver outstanding service to each and every guest, so it is wonderful to receive feedback such as this.

Thank you for your comments regarding the towels I will pass this onto the relevant department heads to ensure this isn’t a reoccurring issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Isrotel Ganim

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had such a great experience, the staff was so helpful and accomodating. They made us feel so welcoming. We will defenitly return and we truly recommend this hotel to everyone. I give compliments to the GM for having such a great staff.

Shlomo

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank snahmias
Hani S, Sales Manager at Isrotel Ganim, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello Snahmias,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. Our staff strives to deliver the very best service, so I am delighted to read their hospitality ensured a fantastic stay for you. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm in Isrotel Ganim hotel with James my boyfriend. At first we made the reservation for two nights, but because we loved the Isrotel Ganim hotel stay so much, we paid for an extra nigh.
The hotel has the concept of the 1970S, that what make it so warm & inviting. The employees in all the hotel's departments are very pleasant, & making everything they can to make the guests feel at home.
A reservation for Isrotel Ganim hotel can be a very nice present , maybe we will invite Lindsay, my sister in low, & Ronen, my brother, for their wedding anniversary on April 2014, with God's help ...
Noa, Reception assistant manager was grate & made a good price for the third night. Chofit, the Spa assistant manager, made us a awesome deal with Dead Sea mad and two massages with Victor & Nina the best !!!
Money well spent ...
Many Thanks from both of us

• Stayed: October 2013

Hello sharonlevy555,

Wow- what a fantastic review! I am delighted to read your stay was so exceptional you extended for another night. Thank you for sharing your experience and giving our dedicated team such high accolades, I am certainly excited to pass along this review to them.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Isrotel Ganim in April.

Take care and kind regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Unfortunately, I only spent 1 night at this hotel. I would really have liked to stay longer.
My room was large, spotlessly clean, light and fresh. The bathroom was immaculate and the toiletries were good quality.
The food was outstandingly good. There was plenty of it, a wide variety and it was very tasty. A bonus in the restaurant was the drinks fountains, which even offered beer and white & red wine on tap.
Obviously, the visit was so that I could experience the Dead Sea and the hotel made it as pleasurable as possible. Although it was less than a 2 minute walk to the public beach, the hotel provided a regular shuttle to their private beach, where towels and sun loungers were available for all patrons.
This was an outstandng experience and I will most certainly pay a repeat visit to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank BryanAndrews

Hello Bryan Andrews,

Thank you so much for your glowing review, we’re really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to a repeat visit. I am delighted you found our rooms immaculate and the food outstanding. Thank you for also highlighting the proximity to the Dead Sea and private beach.

We hope to see you again soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Modern style design, confortable.The public beach is across the road althoug there is a shuttle service to hotels beach.WiFi is by payment in all hotel areas.
Over all,its a very confortable hotel close to Ein Bokek comercial center and public beach.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Moshe S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

the hotel is all renewed .Food very good ,pools very good sauna good massage very expensive
location good .small hotel and good services
MERIDIEN hotel is much more expensive and the hotel is not clean ,every thing in bad condition,but

food very good,pools very good sauna never works,
if you stay on MERIDIEN you can have 3 diferents option on restaurants but is a Huge hotel and you need o wait for service

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Isrotel Ganim Saturday-Tuesday night before Rosh Hashanah in 2013. In 2011, I stayed at another hotel at the Dead Sea for these rare, particularly low-season nights. Both times I discovered and booked the deals a few weeks beforehand, and both times after I arrived at the hotels on Saturday, I watched them and the whole area empty out. For three lovely days and nights, both times, I did not have to deal with waiting, lines, noise, or other annoyances resulting from crowded hotels and vacation areas.

Even though the hotel in 2011 was a perfectly fine hotel in most respects, and I believe was rated the same number of stars for Israeli hotels (four), the Isrotel Ganim is in a different class. It is a legitimate four-star hotel according to international standards. It's five-star sister, the Isrotel Dead Sea, has more activities to offer its guests and rooms with balconies, but it also costs significantly more. Even with these few nights at super-attractive prices, it wasn't worth the extra shekels for me. The Isrotel Ganim has a few "garden" rooms with balconies, but those actually are next to what appears to be a service entrance, with the lawn on the other side of the paved area. All of the rooms, as far as I can tell, face east, toward the Dead Sea and Jordan, and not to the mountains on the Israeli side, which are in effect behind the hotel.

When I arrived at 3 PM on Saturday, hours before the official check-in time, my standard room was ready. I was in the room by myself, with two twin beds pushed together to form a bed about king-size, although I didn't take out a ruler to measure it. It was clean - spotless actually - when I walked in, and kept that way for my entire stay. It appears that the hotel, and the rooms, were renovated over the past couple of years; a woman at the reception desk told me Isrotel took over the property two-and-a-half years ago.

While the Isrotel Ganim does not have, for example, a bowling alley, pool/billard/table tennis tables, or shows (offered at nearby hotels), what it does have, it does extremely well. The very nice lobby bar offers a limited menu, including great, crispy personal pizzas, a happy hour with 2-for-1 draft beer, and refreshing "limonana garoos" (crushed lemonade with mint).

The lounge chairs around the pool area do not have great views; the hotel is located across the street from a strip mall and a public beach, and the hotel building itself almost completely blocks the view of the mountains from the pool area. However, the area was kept spotless, and there are a few beds for couples immediately above the pool, which are a nice, luxurious touch. The pool itself is half-Olympic size, I think, and was refreshing, especially in the late afternoon, when the whole area is in shade. The pool bar offers a mid-day happy hour, including 2-for-1 frozen soft drinks.

One of the biggest reasons you go to the Dead Sea is for the spa and beach facilities. The Isrotel Ganim might not have the biggest spa in the area, but it has a very good one. There are two Dead Sea water pools, two (small) jacuzzis, and a dry sauna. Again, everything was kept clean and functional. On my last morning, I was alone in the spa from about 9-9:30 AM, and that really was incredible.

The Isrotel Ganim is not directly on the Dead Sea, and Isrotel's private beach is across the street from the Isrotel Dead Sea hotel a little down the road, so there is a shuttle from the Isrotel Ganim, although I don't think it would take more than about 10 minutes to walk. The private beach offers lifeguards, towels, water, ice, chairs, and even a few beds for couples. Again, the whole experience is one of simple luxury.

Every staff member I spoke to was pleasant and helpful. For example, when I ordered 2-for-1 beers and frozen drinks, I did not take both drinks when I ordered them, and invariably someone different was tending the bar when I went back for the second "free" drink. They already knew I had ordered the first; I didn't have to ask. It might not be a major item, but at other hotels in Israel I've stayed at, that might not have happened, and there would have been a discussion and so on.

Finally, the breakfast buffet. It was one of the best Israeli hotel breakfast buffet I've ever had, although there were no waffles or pancakes. Instead, there were blintzes on two of the three mornings, and warm filo dough pastries with sweet cheese and fruit filling the other morning. Everything I ate - fresh fruits, cheeses, blintzes, pastries, bread, granola - was tasty and fresh.

For the last few years, I look for a certain per-night price point for hotel rooms in Israel, and I do not stay at hotels rated anything lower than four stars by Israeli standards. Based on those criteria, the Isrotel Ganim is now my favorite. If I can get the price I paid again, I'll go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo