“Another Perfect Stay”

Windsor Tower Hotel Bahrain
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hoora
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Spent 2 nights at this hotel from February 10-12. This was my third time here and all i can say is that everything was just perfect.

the hotel is located off exhibition road. near al-gozi complex (lots of electronics shops) and beside the delmon academy. located diagonally across a parking lot, you can find a thai restaurant and small grocery stores. there are lots of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel such as Hard Rock Cafe, Pizzu Hut, McDonalds, etc.

i booked the room via email. they were very quick in replying to my messages and very accommodating regarding my requests such as airport transfers and late check-out. since i was arriving late at night, they asked for my credit card details to book the room.

check-in was a breeze, no more than 5 minutes. and i was pleasantly surprised to find out that i was upgraded to a junior suite. please refer to the pictures i've uploaded. regarding the issue of the noise from the bar, i stayed on the 4th floor and couldn't hear anything inside my room. bar closes at 2AM by the way.

the service was superb. all of their staff were very nice and hospitable and they are not out to rip you off. for example, buffet breakfast was available up to 10 AM. i came 15 minutes late and they were already clearing away the food. the waiter told me to just order from the menu. which i did thingking that i would have to pay for it. to my surprise, they did not charge me anything.

i definitely recommend this hotel. good price, good location, good rooms, great service. what more can you ask for.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jdm922

Reviewed February 20, 2010

My family and I stayed here between Feb. 18 to 20, 2010.

We booked two rooms (one double and one junior suite) via email two weeks before our scheduled stay. The sales staff were very quick in replying to my emails and they were very accommodating regarding a few requests we had.

Hotel location is very nice. it is just off exhibition road and very close to a lot of shops and restaurants.

Our rooms were on the fifth floor. they were very roomy and cozy. minor vibrations from the club on the first floor could still be felt from one of our rooms. but it was weak enough not to cause too much of an inconvenience. the club closes at around 1:30 AM.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jdm922
BahrainHemant, General Manager.Group sales/Marketing & e-commerce at Windsor Tower Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2010

Management would like to thank you for taking the time out to write about your stay experience at Windsor Tower Hotel Bahrain.
We appreciate your feedback and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, with regards to minor vibrations from the club ,we would be taking some steps to further reduce the impect during the planned work in the month of august end 2010
Hope you would continue visiting us
thanks & regards

Hemant Sharma

Reviewed February 6, 2010

Basic 3 star hotel. Very good breakfast. Quiet room on 5th floor (no noise from disco).

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I stayed in this hotel from 26th to 28th September 2009. I read the review about the clud and loud music but deceid to give it a try based on the response of the hotel. I arrived at 11pm and could already here music coming from upstairs. I checked in, drop my bags (My room was on the 4th floor) then came down to the 1st floor to see for myself. There is a club on the 1st floor as well as a pool bar on the opposite side. I went to bed around 1am and could still here the music. The next day Sunday was the same story. We checked out on Monday and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank minuch
Reviewed June 6, 2009

WARNING!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! there is a night club on the third floor that plays music that loud that your bed vibrates. this goes on til 4 o clock in the morning and the staff wont do jack [--] about it. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU DONT NEED TO SLEEP!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! oh and the car park is crap, right next to a university so at night it is sooooo busy, and dont get me started on the pool which is part of the hotel carpark which fits about 5 cars in so you have to park in the middle of the dirt track next to the university.
TERRIBLE HOTEL-MORE LIKE A NIGHTCLUB-which is a shame because the rooms are big and the lcoation is close to loads of shops etc
STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
BahrainHemant, General Manager .Group Sales/Mktg & e-commerce at Windsor Tower Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2009

kind attn. meluvhols
Thank you for the feedback ,though it is not clear to find details of your stay by looking at the PMS system. Would you please let us know ,what was name mentioned while you made the reservation ? The name shown here is not reflected in our hotel record.
Just to clarify,we do not have any night club on 3rd floor and allrestaurant/clubs/bars are closed at sharp 0145Am. please do provide us theh name as was on reservation and DATE OF YOUR STAY.
best regards
Hemant

Reviewed July 31, 2007

Hotel Review

Windsor Tower Hotel
Off Exhibition Road
Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain

Rating: Three-Star (according to brochures and netsites)
Ramee Group of Hotels, Apartments & Resorts
Rate: (Standard Room); Queen Size Bed; BD 26.250/night
Tel: 17 297 000
Check-out time: 12 Noon
Date of Stay: July 30, 2007

An average man like me loves to be in hotels. It happens only once in a full moon or more appropriately said, it happens only rarely. Let us assess in my own simple way, the way Windsor Tower Hotel does business. I arrived after 12 noon, eager to see a new environment. The place is basically hard to find if you are new to the Kingdom of Bahrain. It lies at the back of GOSI complex and Delmon University on Exhibition Road. But if you are a tourist, it would be easier to ask people around than finding the place through a map.

The reception area is good. Small yet cozy. I arrive as simple as I can be, white shirt, jeans and an adidas shoes, carrying my black computer bag. First impressions last, and my first impressions started from the downside. The reception, as I said, was small yet cozy but what disturbed me was that I waited a long time for my room to be ‘cleaned’ as the receptionist said.

I just have to sit for a while at the lobby and try to assess the people going in and out. Most of them are in Bahrain through their companies, either on business conferences or on connecting flights going out of the Gulf. The lobby faces the restaurant (in glass walls) on which an Indian TV program flashes on the wall TV. The rooms can be accessed through two elevators which lies adjacent to the lobby.

Now, I waited and waited and waited. The room boy came and said, the room is all ready and the key was given to the guest. Mind you, I was the guest. The receptionist got angry, realizing only that a mistake happened after the bellboy left. I waited and waited again. After a while, they said the room is all ready! Another bellboy accompanied me up to my room at the 3rd floor.

When I arrived, yeah, right, the room was all ready! To my shock, the (old and used) linens were lining up the carpet, the bathroom is still at a mess and there is clutter everywhere. What irks me is that they say ‘it is all ready’ twice and it is not ready. For a hotel like this, good customer service must come from being on precise and clear statements to the guest. Well, as I am here to assess, I dare not say anything yet.

The bellboys (three of them) just rushed everything in front of my eyes, they placed the linens in record time. They ‘cleaned’ the bathroom in record time, got the clutter out, with some help from me, arranged the tables and tissues, and ‘freshened’ the bathroom in lightning speed. What were they doing before this time? I guess they were ‘busy’?!!

First impressions lasts, but second impressions last longer! I tried to get a wi-fi connection for my laptop and another shock to me, No Networks found. Great! The receptionist sold me a BD1.000 internet voucher (for password), assuring me of a wireless connection in the third floor but my room is stuck in the very ‘corners of the earth’ that it did not register any signal from any network at all! Great, just great!

Next, I need to check the bathroom. A bathtub/ shower area is nice, small, though, with a shower curtain. Excuse me, but all humans do this, I need to take a ‘dump’. And a third shock of my short hotel life, it does not flush!!! Maybe, I can fix this, I said. But after trying again and again, I need to call room service to fix things up. Well, I thought everything will be well afterwards. But no, it just keeps piling for negative impressions.

I am not a ‘tasteful’ man. I don’t go for too fancy things. All I want is sincerity, good service, clean and cozy surroundings. Simple, plain and clean.

The Room Assessment
In details:

The Carpet
Starting with the carpet, for a three-star hotel, I expected more. But it turned that the carpet is likely not vacuumed. I felt that if I stump strong enough the dust will spread out.

The ‘Side’Amenities
(As all of them are sticking on the wall or on the sides)

The cupboard, it is a full sized wardrobe area. Good with two hangers provided. Only two!
The TV is your usual TV with your usual remote.
The Mirror beside the TV, big and just out of place.
The tables and chairs, they look drab but ‘liveable’ in a way.
The view of my room is hotel’s side parking area, with your usual modern Arab city background.
The curtain, that’s a good curtain, it shades and blinds light completely. I love it when it is like that, I can sleep well.
The bed, big, not soft, not hard either, my type. But the bed cover needs to be updated and I felt it was not ‘clean’.

The friend
I have a friend coming in and they charged him with BD 5.000. I don’t know what was that for?!! But it was unfair, I guess.

If my wife will come with me here, would the rate would be placed higher than the 26.250 they charged? I wonder. That adds more negative impressions.

Night Time.
I know they have some bands and bars somewhere but I dare not venture. I am here to sleep but first I need connection to send some work. So, I went down to the lobby, sat there in the lounge and got my wi-fi connection. Going down from the third floor, the incoming sound, when the elevator passed the first floor, was deafening. The band was playing!

More people are coming in at night, than at the morning. Arabs, young and old, are flocking in while I was sitting at the lounge doing work. Most of them were looking for some good time, I guess.

The 3rd floor Hallway
I went for a walk outside the hotel and after some time, I went back to my room for an early night. I notice now that my room on the 3rd floor lies after going through some cabinet like doors. Go through an unmarked left door and turn left and my room is basically the most ‘kept’ room here. Creepy for some but it would be nice, I hope, because there would enough ‘quietness’to give me rest. (That would follow!)

But first, I went to the bathroom again and bingo, the flush problem is still there. Yuck!!! A big yuck.

The Bathroom
The bathroom is actually big in space. The ceramic-lined wash basin was big too. Amenities like shower gel, soaps and shampoos were there. Good. The towels are a let-down. It was clean but old, one big towel and one small foot towel, and they are not matching in whiteness and age.

The ceramic tiles under the basin are a sight worthy of not beholding. One tile is missing which shows the underlying plumbing areas in rust and everything young might not want to see. I saw that when I was taking a bath, lying in the bathtub.

The bathtub.
The bathtub is small. With my small size, I kept bumping on the soap holder (ceramic). Once, I knocked my elbows on it, giving me an electrifying feeling, cursing!

The exhaust fan
Inside the bathroom, there was this exhaust fan which I thought would be working well. But as usual, it does not. More ‘negative impressions’.

The Sound- the Biggest yuck!
Was I expecting a miracle, hoping for ‘quietness’? At third floor, my room might have been near the bar and the playing band area. All through the night, the sound was in constant banging on my ears. Would they be able to solve the noise barrage that comes in my room? I doubt it. It would not be solved. With the way things are going, sound insulation is not on their agenda yet.

The Verdict
I would heartily NOT recommend this hotel for my friends and guests. If I have other places to lodge the night out, I would definitely avoid this place. The Windsor Tower Hotel was not a good experience for me. All I wanted was my privacy, but the noise from the playing band was the biggest reason why I would dare not recommend this hotel. I do not know how would it will be like in the 5th or 8th floor.

The way they accommodated me, and the way I slept that night, it was a BIG let-down for them. If I have made myself known that I would make a review of a room hotel, they would probably give some newer linens, cleaner carpets, matching towels and insulated rooms. Or I guess, not.

by connections

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank connections
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I had the misfortune of staying in this hotel for a night after Gulf Air, as usual, messed up my connection from Amman to Doha and put a few of us in this hotel.

It's barely a 2 star hotel, situated on dirt road in a not so great area of Manama.

We were greeted by grim faced receptionists who took an eternity to put us up in our rooms. The rooms were Ok and were clean .

The hotel is home to one of the noisiest Filipino nightclubs in the world with music blaring all night long till maybe 4am!

The hotel is barely adequate and Gulf Air should have the decency of putting up its customers in better accommodations.

Anyway, a bad experience and very rude reception staff.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SamYes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoora
Ramee Baisan Hotel Bahrain
Loumage Hotel & Suites
Loumage Hotel & Suites
#82 of 134 in Manama
The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa

Been to Windsor Tower Hotel Bahrain? Share your experiences!