“Nice and friendly place”
Review of Tobey's Donut Shop

Tobey's Donut Shop
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Tobey's Donut Shop is a third generation, family owned business. All donuts are hand made fresh every morning using the same basic recipes and techniques as my Grandfather used at "Tobe's Bake Shop" on Franklin Street in 1952. We sell donuts made fresh on the premises daily, limited cookies and pastries. We also have breakfast sandwiches made fresh to order. Beverages are: Fresh hot coffee, cappuccino, hot cocoa, assorted juices, sodas, milk, sports drinks, energy drinks, bottled water, etc.. You can sit down and eat here, inside, on the patio, or at one of the small 2 seat tables on the 4th street sidewalk where smoking is,(for now), still permitted. Larger orders of 2 dozen or more should call and order 24 hours in advance, if possible, as we sell out quickly some days and may have a very limited selection remaining. This is a recommendation and not a requirement!
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great place to get some breakfast or Ice cream.Was right across the street from us too.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

When we were staying in Watkins Glen we were right around the corner from Tobes. We saw the cute exterior and thought why not try it usually small places like that have great food. Well we were wrong. I ordered and omelete and bagel. The bagel was like a lenders bagel toasted but it was barely toasted and still cold and frozen. My friend had a western omelete and the veggies were not cut up and the middle was not fully cooked. The service was awful, they were rude and not helpful. They advertised donuts and I thought ok they cannot be that bad. It was stale and store bought. I would not go there again!

1  Thank lcohen624
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

This place is cute and quaint, but when you get in its a little creepy feeling and generally kinda dirty. Food is ok, prices are a little funky

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Enjoyed the breakfast, service was good. Typical diner, but enjoyable experience. Thanks for the good food!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Friends told us to go to Tobes for their hot dog lunch special, but we had our sailboat in the Village Marina, 2 minute drive away, and our grandson, Jordan, was really hungary for breakfast, so we walked in to a half filled busy place. The breakfast fare was, well breakfast fare. Everyone ate their fill, and Jordan enjoyed his pancakes with chocolate chips. Can't beat the price. I think I paid for 3 of us what I have paid for myself at big hotel restaurants.