“So nice”

The Marmalade Cat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 17 Watkins Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife enjoyed two nights at the Marmalade Cat B&B in August. The location is great. We walked to the Watkins Glen State Park and the Seneca Harbor. And we were perfectly located to drive up to the wineries on both sides of the lake. Sally and Martin are great hosts. We had a nice room with our own private bathroom, across the hall. The breakfasts were excellent. I even took some time to read in the garden. I recommend a stay here. It is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The be in the rose room was SOOO comfy! We slept like babies. Very quiet, walking distance to gorge, restaurants, bars. Breakfast is huge and delicious. Sally is a wonderful host!

Must like cats they are very friendly and cute.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cardonla
Reviewed August 9, 2013

B&B's are a treat for me and my husband. Due to budget constraints, we only book them once every three or four years, so I assure you I did my research before choosing the Marmalade Cat. What a wonderful decision! We stayed for four nights and were grateful to return to the Marmalade after a day of touring wineries and Watkins Glen's other attractions. Marmalade is everything a B&B should be (excellent location, cozy comfort, amenities) plus it has the added charm of kitties Wiggie and Charlie, Sally's tasty breakfasts and her knowledge of the best local wineries. We stayed in the green room and loved our private bathroom. I heartily recommend the Marmalade and hope to return some day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for a week with Sally and Martin. They were so gracious and kind. The breakfasts were wonderful. Their home was beautiful and so comfy. We were walking distance to places to eat and shopping. My daughter and I are cat lovers, so we got to meet the kitties. If one is NOT a cat lover, one would never know there are cats living there. I can't imagine going back to the Finger Lakes region and NOT staying at the Marmalade Cat. Sally and Martin treated us like family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Room, but all 3 rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in July. We were attracted by the convenient location to restaurants, bars and the waterfront. We walked to shops, a brewery restaurant and the gorgeous water front. You can also walk to the main entrance of Watkins Glen State Park.The stunning Victorian-style home features a wrap around porch with seating. Great for evening wine sipping and people watching. The proprietor, Sally, was most friendly and prepared a delicious breakfast, cooked to order for us in the morning. The place was extremely clean and had hotel quality linens and bath toiletries. You would never know they had cats! At first we were both nervous, both being allergic to cats, but it was not an issue whatsoever. As added bonus, Sally originally hails from English and gave us all sorts of travel tips for an upcoming trip. Given the opportunity, we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lsfeyes
BBBrit, Owner at The Marmalade Cat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Hello Tim and Lisa, Such a wonderfully flattering review. Many, many thanks for taking the time. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. The porch is getting a lot of use with big events in Watkins Glen this weekend and next. Have a wonderful rest of the summer.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Marmalade Cat B&B due to business in that area. We had a lovely experience. The B&B is in the middle of town so it is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The Inn is a beautiful old Victorian home with a lovely wrap around porch where the wicker furniture calls you to sit and rest or hang out and read a book which is what I did when we had time off. The owners are from England which lends a nice touch to the atmosphere and I must say Sally is a great cook, breakfast was delicious and filling. Sally went out of her way to accomadate us while there and we appreciate it and suggest if you are in that area give them a try. They are also priced right. While there we booked for next years visit now.
Thanks for a wonderful weekend. Eli and Barbra Berkowitz

Room Tip: This is a small B&B with 3 rooms, very intimate. 2 of the rooms have a bath across the hall and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbra B

Thank you Eli and Barbara. It was fun chatting with you both and I'm glad this business trip was worth it for you. I continue to read and learn so hopefully when you return I can show off my new skills. lol. Best wishes to you both.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband booked this B&B without considering my allergies to cats. We stayed for 2 nights and I would not have known there was a cat in the house had I not seen him. The owners were great about keeping the cat away from me when they discovered I had allergies. The home is very clean and there is no evidence (smells, hair) of a cat being in the home otherwise. Sally (the owner) is a wonderful cook and the breakfasts were really great. Sally also gives her guests a time period of several hours when they wish to have breakfast instead of a set time. We really appreciated having a choice. Sally was very helpful and it was a pleasure to get to know her a bit. It is a really nice place to stay and within walking distance to downtown. The bed in the Rose Room is a little too soft for those needing a firmer mattress but otherwise this is a delightful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank froggie74

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so glad that your allergies did not bother you while you were here and that you enjoyed our home. We certainly enjoyed having you both. Best wishes for the rest of the summer.