“AWESOME HOUSE! BUT ...TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT STEER CLEAR!”

Longhouse Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 17 Watkins Glen B&B and Inns
“AWESOME HOUSE! BUT ...TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT STEER CLEAR!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

So we have stayed there for several years have never has a problem with anything! Last time we stayed there we lost power ( ice storm) they did heat our house with wood stove and fire place...but we had the whole house rented and one of the couple had to cancel the night they were to come up due to an very serious illness in the family. I kindly ask the owner if they could be reimbursed for some of their money because they were unable to make it up. The owner flipped out!!!! He almost got on a fight with one of the vacationers saying that he will not give any money back thy will lose their money and if he would have known he would have rented that room out! Seriously who would stay in the 1 room with all the other rooms rented to our party! It was an icy weekend!! He was a psycho!! Never will stay there again!!! I can only say beware of the owner! Beautiful home but the customer is always right!! I give 10 thumbs down!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank sclouser

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Buffalo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the LH Manor for the past five years (once per year). It is a 7 or 8 bedroom manson. Has always been very clean and staff is very nice. Beakfast is uselly pancakes or scrammbled eggs, nothing speical. We have always come with 6 other couples every year and have pretty much taken the whole house.

I had one bad experience with the owner of the manor, over the cleaning of our room. After a long day at the winery's, I came back to a unclean room. I called down to the desk and said "my room wasn't clean". Five minutes later, the owner came up himself and starter yelling at me "you told the maid not to clean the room!".. Unknown to me, my wife had requested to NOT clean the room.

Normally, I would have asked the owner to step outside and discuss this further, however the smarter side said...I would not have a place to stay after being kicked out. "So I took it on the chin". My point is. The costumer is ALWAYS RIGHT. The way he handled the situation was very poor. He acted like a tough guy when he could have simply stated someone requested the room not to be cleaned. I would have gladly apoligzed for my mistake. I personal don't ever want to stay at the manor due to this incident, however, 6 other couples do. So I lose. Finally, I do not recommend the jacuzzi suits, if the house is full - good luck getting HOT WATER for the tub. In closing, this was a 1 time incident and I have never seen the owner again.

Room Tip: $30 to $40 dollars cheaper if you stay in the lower rooms. The jacuzzi rooms are really nice but t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tony T
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Seneca Lake is a beautiful area. This hotel costs less than most of the other options around. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms are clean and the pool was very nice. The view of the lake was beautiful. The hotel is not new so don't stay there if you are looking for something fancy but for our purposes it was fine. We were attending the Finger Lakes Wine Festival so we just needed a good room to stay in and we also enjoyed using the pool. The continental breakfast is minimal but the coffee was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Donna C
Canton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Romantic adventure turned into a sweat lodge.
Entered our upstairs suite and it was 95 degrees in our room according to the thermostat.
Opps, said our hostess, we forgot to turn on the room air conditioner. At 10:00 pm the very small window air conditioning unit managed to cool the room to 85 degrees. We continued to sit outside in the gazabo through a rain storm because we could not tolerant the heat in the room. By midnight, exhaustion set in and we went to our room which was now down to 80 degrees.
At checkout, we asked for a discount , as we could not use the in room faicitlites, ie: jacuzzi etc. We were told that she could not approve that and would have the owner call us. Called back in a week and the same woman said that she gave him the note. 7 months later still waiting for the call.
As owners, of a Bed and Breakfast, we certainly would take better care of our customers!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tls1953
Forest City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2010

we were unsure what to expect as this was our first time in the area and found the manor over the internet. We were very pleasantly suprised when we walked thru the front door, and then to our room, couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Mary is a sweetheart and very helpful as well as "The Lady of the Manor"(she cooks a wonderful breakfast and keeps the manor spotless, and smelling like home) We are very happy to take a chance, and now we will be back at least once a year. Very close to the wineries and Watkins Glen state park too. Can't wait til we return. Thank You Staff at Longhouse Manor!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lavelle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2010

This was our first trip to the region. Wanted to see the state park and the wineries. Happened upon this place over the internet, we never stayed at a B&B before and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and clean, the view was spectacular, and the staff was very friendly. We had the run of the house, it felt like home. Can't even think of anything to complain about!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We were scheduled to stay at their Motel. When we checked in I asked if we could look at the B&B. It was lovely, with wonderful views and everything you could need. The location was great, and great customer service. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars
Longhouse Lodge Motel
Longhouse Lodge Motel
#6 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Longhouse Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!