“Try the Glen Manor House instead! Pleasant stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen Villager Motel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Kitchener, Canada
“Try the Glen Manor House instead! Pleasant stay!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was glad my husband and I had the opportunity to view the rooms first before deciding on where to stay. There are 3 distinct areas to this property. The first room we looked at was in the main building with the office and the room did smell musty as reported. Turned my stomach actually. The second building (with indoor pool) was more updated and the room would have been adequate for a short stay. The desk clerk also mentioned the Glen Manor B&B so we took a look and fell in love with the house! Huge huge master bedroom and with no other guests staying we had the run of the house. For only 25 dollars more per night, it seemed the logical choice! Management brought by enough breakfast food to feed an army and issues we had with the coffee maker were remedied quickly. Would stay again if ever down that way again. (but only in the Bed and Breakfast)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this place three times now just for the location and price. We enjoy going to Watkins Glen and walking around and having a few cocktails and not have to worry about driving. This place is right in town and no need to drive anywhere. In the winter months basically just a few bars and a couple of Restuarants to go to. In the Summer it is wonderful on the lake. There is a Marina right next door and many happening events to see/do. The motel/hotel is nothing fancy by any means but clean. We stay there just to sleep and thats it. One thing to mention is that if you get a room make sure you ask for the one on the backside of the hotel since there is major traffic on the front side. VERY loud with vehicles all night.

Room Tip: Ask for backside rooms not on main drag.
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Please see this place before you book! It has a musty smell, it has been very poorly renovated toilets rock on the floor. Parking is poor as a tractor trailer block the entrance to the last 3 parking spots. Out of the 30+ years of traveling this has been the worst experience of my life. This same opinion can be shared with 4 other couples who stayed there @ the same weekend!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Randy5458

Travelers are raving about these Watkins Glen hotels

Canadensis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just stayed at the Villager Motel and had a great experience. Fresh coffee every morning in the office..pleasant staff. Freshly painted & clean rooms, sheets, beds, bathrooms. Location was fantastic, within walking distance to a great Italian restaurant with great food, breakfast, quaint local shops, bakery, etc. Like they say location location so to those who complain about the price...??? Would definitely stay there again. Unfortunately we didnt get to use the indoor swimming pool but checked it out and it was a nice indoor pool..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa M
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Villager Motel and Glen Manor offers three separate facilities under one ownership: hotel, motel, and bed & breakfast. Traveling with my husband and parents we stayed in the hotel, although it was really more of a motel with what was provided.

The facility was clean and extremely modest but vastly overpriced for what was delivered. I understand that all of Watkins Glen and the surrounding area is pretty pricey, but for two hard beds and the laughable experiences we had with management it's not exactly worth what was paid for.

Yes the staff is friendly, but pretty clueless and display serious traits of not being trained with the basic social skills needed to be in the hospitality business. Thus said they were very attentive to the issue of a leaking toilet discovered our first night there - although they did required us to turn around from over 1/2 way up the East side of Lake Seneca to pack our things and switch rooms rather than allow us to switch rooms upon our return that evening.

The only real benefit we found to staying here was the pool - had to notify management to open it for use although open from 9-9 daily - and that it was in town and within walking distance to the few things the area has to offer outside of wineries.

Because all I really need is a clean room with hot water, if the prices come down I would consider staying here again in the future; however, until then I think I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary, I truly needed some time away after taking care of my mother for the last year with a brain tumor. When we walked into the room there was a terrible musty smell, my husband went to the front desk to see if there may be another room that we could have because it was evident that there was water damage in many areas of the room. The manager(ie:owner) entered our room telling us to get out if we aren't happy, and they were going to charge us $25.00, for a cancellation fee(are you kidding me?).She then sprayed our room with something to cover up the smell. My husband and I then went to the scheduled dinner cruise, came back to the hotel and climbed into bed and at the end of the bed where my husbands feet were was wet, the sheets had dirty foot prints on it, the employee who was responsible at that time was very cordial, but it did take 3 attempts to make the bed correctly because the sheets were labeled wrong. When we brought our second problem up to the i the attention of the owner, she stated that we were lucky that we didn't get kicked out of the room last night when we complained about the sheets. That we were the ones that did that to the bed. And that she was going to possibly charge us for the drool my husband left on the pillow. This woman is the devil, and she should NOT be in business.

Room Tip: There is nothing good about this hotel, please stay far away!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Lynn M
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here with my g/f for 3 nights recently.

I have no serious complaints about this place, stayed for 3 nights, and yes, it was overpriced for what you get (a tiny room), but the reality is that the town (Watkins Glen) is 'touristy' and there just aren't a lot of places to stay (supply and demand unfortunately). We looked into other places and many of them are 150-200/night. Keep in mind if you are staying here that this is a small family run motel, if you are coming here to party or for a wedding, or are drinking late, I could see you having a run in with the owners/mgmt. However, if you are looking for a quiet weekend, I doubt you will have any issues at all. You might not feel this is fair, and it probably isn't, but that appears to be the way it is.

Positives
- Close to everything, you can walk to the state park, walmart, restaurants, lake, some people complain about traffic noise, etc. but we had the A/C unit on, couldn't hear a thing at night
- Fully functional WIFI, worked great (was surprised they had this, since it was sort of a tiny motel)
- Bed is fine, I saw many complaints about the beds, yes they are soft, you sink into them a bit, maybe its just because I like a soft mattress? who knows....

Negatives
- They do strange things at the motel, i.e. they lock the ice machine after about 9pm, so you need to go to the front desk to have them come with you and unlock it, kind of a pain
- Rooms are tiny, and somewhat outdated, this really didn't bother us since we spent most of our weekend hiking, out on the lake, running, on jetski's, wine tasting, so the fact that the room was small or old, didn't really bother us
- They have younger people clean the rooms, and its hit and miss, sometimes they do a great job, other times, not so much

Room Tip: Second floor in the motel is fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 9 in Watkins Glen
Anchor Inn And Marina
Anchor Inn And Marina
#7 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Watkins Glen Villager Motel? Share your experiences!