“Nice cabin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staying in a deluxe cabin with a bathroom but no kitchen. Also available are camping cabins and others with kitchens. The cabin seems pretty new, very clean, and as pictured on the website. The mattresses are thin plastic types with no mattress pads so you may want to bring a cover or blanket for under the sheets. When staying here off season heat may be a problem. In October we were given 2 small cube style electric heaters. The cabin was warm enough after about 24 hours but completely unheated when we arrived! There's a wall a/c unit for summer. Each cabin has a nice deck, porch swing, and fire pit. The park itself is in a good location and seems well kept. Overall, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days and toured the wineries. It was a nice well maintained site. The only issue we ha was that they promised us a certain site and when we got there they had given it to someone else. Otherwise, it was a very good campground and we would definitely go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Excellent location and courteous staff. We rented a lodge and was clean upon arrival. Plenty of great ways to enjoy at the lodge. Each one comes with its own patio deck and fire pit. At location store provides for firewood and jumping pillow was awesome for kids loved it. Nearby attractions are plenty for family fun and relaxation. Although could not really do it but nightly trail walk by the brook behind the lodge seemed fun. Next time...

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This has been our go to lodging many times over the last several years. We have camped here with a small self contained and our long RV. Staff has always been very friendly and easy going. Over the years they have continued to expand the patio sites & multiple cabins. The restrooms & laundry were always tidy, even on our latest trip in July 2012. The sites are typical KOA, which can be close together. We've camped to enjoy Corning, NASCAR and of course the Finger Lake Wine region. So, we've been around during low and full capacity and never saw problems. The only reason why I didn't give them 5 stars is because we did not camp with children or cabin camp, so I couldn't speak from that perspective. There are nice private owned campgrounds around Corning that we've also camped at, but you can't beat the location of this KOA. Yes, there is a train that runs infrequently, which is minorly annoying I'll admit...not KOA's fault. To us the most important thing at this KOA is they have upgraded electric to allow a full campground of very big rigs with multiple AC's to run without fault!!! THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL KOA'S OR STATE PARKS!! A lesson we've learned the hard way the last 2 years. Last year Geveva on the Lake State Park in Ohio and KOA at Lake George, New York COULD NOT keep electric to just a few basic units!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M M
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We visited the park in late August. We paid extra to stay in the Sunset Acres section of the park. Our site was crushed stone with a stamped concrete patio which included a fire pit, picnic table, glider swing and lamp post light.

It is a central location to all the attractions in the area. We did not use the restroom facilities so I can not comment on them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mummaiv
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would actually give this KOA a 4 1/2 if it were available. We travel in a 30' travel trailer with a 7 and 9 year old. I am always am nervous when pulling up to a campground I've never been to before. The sites here were nice--all of them had pretty decent sized cement pads, some had upgraded patios with built in firepits, lights, and flowers but we stayed at the basic one which was fine. Our site was in the the oldest RV area--there were two other RV areas that looked newer. We spent time at their indoor pool (someone mentioned an a previous post that the pool was very small-it was the largest pool I had seen at a campground and we've been to plenty of campgrounds!) Both playgrounds were nice--one is much newer and bigger than the other. The jumping pillow was fun too. Putt putt golf was FREE which is a bonus (drives me crazy that most KOA's charge)! My kids played laser tag one night and really enjoyed it-- $6 which I thought was too high--I would suggest $3. Staff was friendly and helpful. We did not encounter any issues with speeding and felt it was safe for our kids to ride their bikes. I only walked in one bath house (new one) and it was very clean--I can't comment on the others since I did not go in them. I would recommend this campground without hesitation. Some of the earlier reviews seem a bit harsh, but then again, some people are impossible to please. It's only a few miles away from the Watkins Glen Speedway where you can drive three laps around the track!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hokiedawgs
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Will NOT be coming bak to this campground!
1. Bath house was disgusting. Spiders in the showers, dirt in the showers, toilet paper all over the floors, hair clogging the shower drains, toilets clogged everyday.
2. No lights to the bath house. The bath house is not lit up at all. I fell numerous times getting to and coming from the bath house due to lack of lighting. If they would put up lights on the outside of the building so people could see the metal benches, basketball hoop, and uneven ground at night it would be much better.
3. Cabins. My husband and I stayed in a cabin. Very basic, no bathroom since we were so close to the bath house. The website says that there are mini-fridges in all of the cabins, this is a lie. Our cabin did not have a mini-fridge or a mattress. The bunk beds and double bed have a bed bug protector on them and that is all. NO mattress. If you dont bring an air mattress, youll be sleeping on wood and plastic.
4. Wristbands. Employees were constantly asking to see our wristbands that we received to enter the pool, game room, laundry room, and even buy ice cream! I understand the point is to keep out people who are not campers but it got a little overwhelming!
5. Internet. When we booked this trip I made sure that there was internet connection. I am taking classes for my masters degree and need internet access to do assignments. The internet was absolutely horrible. 90% of the time I could not get onto the internet because the connection was lost. Do not rely on their "FREE" internet. It's horrible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Montour Falls
Firelight Camps
Firelight Camps
#1 of 3 in Ithaca

Been to Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort? Share your experiences!