“If This Is Quality Then McDonald's Is A Steak House”
Review of Mr Chicken - CLOSED

Mr Chicken
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We tried this place while on vacation based on a lot of good reviews at Trip Advisor. All I can say is "are you #%#%% kidding me".
For $7.95 the chicken fingers consisted of three tiny frozen chicken fingers that were thrown in a deep fryer. The French fries, also frozen and tasteless. The other sides were a joke. The whole cut up chicken was tiny and mediocre, half the size of a Costco chicken for $8.95.
The "buttered roll" was actually some store bought rolls still in the supermarket packaging, and a pat of butter. I mean, seriously?
The kids behind the counter tried, I'll give them that

2  Thank Mitchell S

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is hardly a better option than the BK across the street, but it is locally owned, so better to eat a fried chicken sandwich from Mr. Chicken than ugly looking chain. Wish they had some healthier options and didn't use styrofoam.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I think "Mr Dry and Mediocre Chicken" is more appropriate. Service was friendly and the cole slaw was pretty good. I got the half chickn platter which included fries, cole slaw, and a buttered roll. Fries and the roll were just food service quality and the butter was hard as a rock. The chicken was very dry and disappointing. The restaurant came somewhat recommended. Glad we went there and found out for ourselves but we won't be going back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We'd heard mixed comments about Mr. Chicken and decided to try it for ourselves; our chicken was so dry that every bite required a follow-up drink. The sides were average. All in all we were quite disappointed. I guess it's a Watkins Glen institution but we've been there and done that and Mr. Chicken is crossed off our list.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Friendly staff, freshly prepared food, great coleslaw and good pies, great for those with a sweet tooth!