“good food, great view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seneca Harbor Station

Seneca Harbor Station
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the southern tip of Seneca Lake. Seneca Harbor offers breathtaking views of the lake from any location within the restaurant. Whether enjoying the relaxing breeze on the covered deck or admiring the ambience of the dining room, you're sure to have a memorable dining experience.
Candor, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

the food is good, not great, the service is variable, but the view is lovely

Visited July 2012

Groton, New York
“What happened this time?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have been to SHS many times over the past 6 years. The last 4 times I have ordered the same entree....Seafood Pasta Bianca because of its decadent richness, tasty seafood and just a general wow to the tastebuds. Ordered it last night.....weak sauce, richness was gone, minimal seafood. Disappointing. I could have recreated that with more flavor myself. Unfortunately I brought my brother in law who is a graduate of Culinary Institute of Amercia. He was quiet, and ultimately pretty kind when I asked him about his meal..."not good" is all he said. My sister tried the seafood flatter......fresh from the box? Busy night with the winefest I guess, and they either could not handle it with great quality, new chefs, or lower quality ingredients. The waitress was so nice, but forgot my soup. Too bad. Off my list now.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank petenerch c
Williamsport
“Atmosphere is about all it's got going for it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We sat on the patio a beautiful view with live music which was mediocre. Had seafood dip appetizer which was more like a seafood bisk. The seafood bisk was delicious but was more like a chowder.

Entrees took some time and not sure why??? The seafood was nothing more than frozen seafood seasoned well with elegant presentation. Another guest in out party had steak and raved about the flavor and accuracy of cook.

Overall ok I could do without ever going there again though.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Lovely Seneca Lake views and surprisingly good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Seneca Harbor Station has a large, shady deck area to enjoy the lake views, but the day was so hot, we chose to eat inside. We still had a lovely lake view through the large windows. The food was a very pleasant surprise.

I had a delicious spinach Cobb salad, got the dressing on the side and ended up taking half home. My husband especially enjoyed the creamy and rich loaded baked potato soup. Overall, our lunch was definitely better than average.

Service was barely average. Our server was very personable and very friendly, but not as attentive as we’d have liked—I think he was new and his inexperience showed. The kitchen was also fairly slow and we noticed that nearby diners were also waiting quite a while for their food.

We weren’t in any rush, and we were seated overlooking Seneca Lake on a beautiful day, so we didn’t really mind the very leisurely pace. If we’d been looking for a quick lunch, we’d have been a little frustrated. However, we enjoyed the views and the food, so we’d definitely eat there again.

• Visited July 2012
“Really great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

It was right on the water which was really nice. GREAT food and really nice waitress. I definitely recommend it! :)