“Amazing little place. Great bakery and sandwiches”

Glen Mountain Market
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout
Description: We at Glen Mountain Market Bakery & Deli strive to bring our customers a special experience from the moment they walk through our door. From our hand pulled espresso shots and talented baristas to our fresh, locally-based delicatessen with our amazing staff of bakers who keep our breads and pastries baked fresh daily, we commit to all that we do! Stop in the next time you visit our little New York town that we are so proud of (Watkins Glen) for a delightful and tasty experience! Glen Mountain Market Bakery, Deli & Cafe takes special pride in the preparation of all our foods. We specialize in preservative-free breads, made to order sandwiches, fine pastries and cakes for all occasions! We incorporate many locally sourced spices, sauces, and gifts into our storefront and in the food we produce. Our cafe offers a large selection of locally roasted, fair trade, pesticide free coffees (some roasted a few short miles from our doorstep!). Join our coffee club and you could win a month of free coffees on us! With an ever-changing specialty drink list, you are sure to find the perfect caffeinated (or non!) Beverage for any mood! The bakery works night and day to keep fresh breads available for use in our deli and for sale. We also provide many of the local eateries and hotels with our breads and desserts including an assortment of old fashioned cookies, French style pastry, and chewy brownies and bars. With a variety of gluten-free and vegan sweets always available, something can be found here to suit every sweet tooth! Need a birthday or special occasion cake or other sweet treat? The bakery takes special orders with 24 hour advanced notice! We love creating custom wedding and event cakes. Check out our catering options for your next family picnic or business meeting! Our New York style delicatessen offers a large menu including breakfast and lunch deli sandwiches and wraps, hoagies, both green and chef salads, homemade soups and deli salads as well as many signature, house-made condiments! We strive to use the freshest most local ingredients by sourcing our eggs from two local farms, many cheeses from area creameries, and work hand-in-hand with Fresh Finger Lakes Farms! Any sandwich in our deli can be made gluten-free, and we have many interesting and unique options for our vegetarian and vegan friends as well! Next time you are in the area, make breakfast or lunch a special treat. Come taste the local flavors of Glen Mountain; come to Glen Mountain Market Bakery & Deli!
Sherman Oaks
“Amazing little place. Great bakery and sandwiches”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I came here for breakfast. They have a wonderful selection of coffee and espresso drinks, although they didn't seem to be able to figure out how to accommodate my request to have my two shots of espresso on ice. There were four or five "flavors" of coffee available as well. I got a breakfast "wrap" that was freshly made, not prepackaged, and both wonderful and enormous. I saw several other breakfast sandwiches that also looked fantastic. The description of the regular sandwiches was so interesting I had planned to come grab one for lunch or dinner. Unfortunately the one day that I tried I timed it badly. The market closes at 5pm and I didn't arrive until after 6. The market also has a wonderful selection of local merchandise. I purchased some honey and, had I not had luggage restrictions, would have likely bought a few more items.

Visited August 2014

Ithaca, New York
“Zombie service”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Quaint space with decent menu, but hit or miss on quality. Visited this business sporadically on my visits to Watkins Glen over the past 3 or 4 years. Always disappointed in the service by what seems to be a disinterested staff. Bordering on rude but definitely apathetic, and usually very slow service.

• Visited August 2014
“Delicious Avocado BLT ”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I both had their avocado BLT sandwich with spicy mayo on sourdough bread. Loved it! The tomato basil soup on the side was also great.

A TripAdvisor Member
“DELICIOUS!! A must stop!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Diamond in the rough! Farm fresh eggs, fresh bread, very affordable for both breakfast and lunch. Went three days in a row, it was really that good! Make your own breakfast sandwiches(sausage,smoked Gouda, and egg on focaccia!) And good coffee. One woman working in the bakery even noted our presence and thanked us for coming back two days in a row. The service isn't the fastest, but the product speaks for itself and more than makes up for the 15 minute wait

Concord, New Hampshire
“Homemade goodness”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We loved this place for Morning coffee, and breakfast sandwiches. Baked goods were great, and to sit outside and listen to the locals complain was an added bonus. Lol

Visited July 2014