“Tasty beer and BBQ! ”

Nickel's Pit BBQ
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We partner with a small, local farm and our menu is updated to reflect availability. Our ribs, chicken, brisket and other meats are so popular that they may sell out during business hours, or not be featured. All of our meats are smoked fresh and smoking is very long, intricate process that cannot be rushed. Give us a call to see what we are offering! We do classic BBQ with an Upstate NY spin and want to give you the best dining experience. We appreciate your understanding, flexibility, and appetites!
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Worth a stop for a bite. The patio is nice and the bar staff was friendly. Apparently a wait in the summer is the norm but if you're not in a rush it is no big deal to have a beer at the bar and wait. Thumbs up for the pork chili cheese fries as well! YUM!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ordered a sampler: Brisket, Ribs (pork), 2 different sausages, pulled pork and chicken wings. All excellent. 3 choices of bbq sauces. I liked all 3. They cut a whole potato into curly fries which is so good when it's cut fresh. Also had cut carrots, which still had a nice crunch to it, the sauce they were in was great. Overall, a refreshing meal and great service.

4  Thank Mason W
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This was the best BBQ I've had in a long time. The pulled pork was amazing and their sauces kick butt! They have homemade everything and the fresh cut curly fries rock. Staff is super friendly and give wonderful service. They are also part of the Rooster Fish Brewing family so the beer selection is quite good also. Overall I would recommend this to anyone, food and service are great and the prices are super reasonable ($10-15 avg)

2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Rooster Fish brewery is in this building, and they make some amazing beers. They accompany a BBQ menu that would take me a month to sample. The curly fries are epic, as is the brisket. The wings were out of this world.
This is a great bar in a great location offering fabulous food and unique beer. What's not to like?

1  Thank Steveandchristine
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in Watkins Glen with our dog. We got take out to take back to our cabin. We got the sampler. .. pulled pork, soft pork, brisket, smoked kielbasa, and an order of their wings. We were interested in the wings because they were smoked then deep fried, we choose the spicy BBQ sauce for the wings.

Everything was super hot when we got back to our cabin. The taste of everything was wonderful. I especially liked the brisket it was full of Smokey flavor and so juicy. Also the soft pork was so flavorful.

When I originally ordered I wanted ribs and chicken, but they were all out of them. I thought that was strange, till next went in to pick up my order. There was a sign stating that they may run out of items because they use all local meat from local farmers. *bonus*!

All the sides we got were wonderful and house made also. Cole slaw, mac salad, and baked beans.

I may just ride my motorcycle to Watkins Glen just to have dinner here again. Wish it was closer to me.

Also the have a brewery in house too, didn't try any, but would love to!

3  Thank CulinaryCruiser08