“Great stop for wings and beer”
Review of Nickel's Pit BBQ

Nickel's Pit BBQ
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We partner with a small, local farm and our menu is updated to reflect availability. Our ribs, chicken, brisket and other meats are so popular that they may sell out during business hours, or not be featured. All of our meats are smoked fresh and smoking is very long, intricate process that cannot be rushed. Give us a call to see what we are offering! We do classic BBQ with an Upstate NY spin and want to give you the best dining experience. We appreciate your understanding, flexibility, and appetites!
Mount Morris, New York
“Great stop for wings and beer”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I are wing junkies, and we both agreed these were very good. Smoked then finished in a fryer gives them great flavor and texture. The rest of the menu looked very tempting as well. A little pricey but made the grade with quality. I tried some of the micro brews on tap and was not disappointed, would go back again.

Sparta, New Jersey
“Great food-strange set up”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food here was delicious. Top notch BBQ. It gets crowded too. We would definitely go back, we just think the set up is weird that you have to pay before sitting. Would have rather had a sit down service with a server.

Visited September 2013
“SWEET FALL DAY”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I think we hit this place at the perfect time. All menu items were available, and it was a BEAUTIFUL fall Sunday. I ordered the dry rub wings and I enjoyed them. It is something that I could only eat once in a while without getting sick of them. My wife rally enjoyed her pulled pork. On the down side--I want to be waited on and I want a freaking IPA. I cannot stand how they make you order and pay at the counter. What if I want several beers? Do I leave my tip before final service? What exactly am I tipping for? And DO NOT tell me you don't have any IPA--get some.

Seriously--a nice stop.

• Visited October 2013
Chesterland, OH
“Local Fare”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited when we first arrived in Watkins Glen - just to get a quick dinner. The food was more than ample when it finally arrived at the table. The staff was friendly, but not very quick. This is a local bar - kind of dark & old. The fries were really greasy.

• Visited August 2013
Brewerton, New York
“Wow!”

Took a beautiful fall ride down to Watkins Glen on the Harley
After trying to get a table at The Seneca Harbor Station Restuarnant, without success, (they told us they were closing because they were expecting to get busy later..HUH???)we decided to leave the bike there and walk to search for a place to eat (and avoid the traffic)..just a few block down the road we saw Nickel's.
Now, I'm biased towards Dinosaur BBQ, so I didn't expect anything great....I ordered the Brisket Burger...O-M-G!!! It was so good!!!
The meat was smoky and tender and so flavorful! I also ordered a side of the Jalapeño Peppadew Mac & Cheese ...yummy!!!!
Hubby ordered the dry rub wings and he wasn't happy with them...but he's not one to try anything different, so it doesn't surprise me, although I'm not sure I would have liked them either, because I like my wings sloppy.
The beer selection of Rooster Fish brewery beers was wonderful too..I had the Pumpkiweizen..it was delicious...could for sure taste the spices of pumpkin pie in it., hubby had a blonde ale, which was a little to hoppy for my taste.
We would definitely go back...very pleased

• Visited October 2013