“Very Good”
Review of Orient Hibachi Buffet - CLOSED

Orient Hibachi Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: This is a family-owned Chinese restaurant which opened in September 2011. It features a diverse buffet as well as a hibachi grill where customers can build their own dish. The hibachi grill dish is included with the price of the buffet. Customers can also order off of the menu if they so desire. The food is fresh and delicious and the customer service is world-class!
Somerville, NJ
“Very Good”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here last night for dinner. It was crowded so I was a little worried the food wouldn't be fresh. Not only was it fresh the server told us that they only put a little out at a time when it's slow so the food remains fresh. She told us that if it wasn't out she would bring it out for us.

We were very pleased with the food and service. By the time we left there were quite a few families in there, leading me to believe that the locals enjoy it as well.

Worth the stop. I would visit again.

Corning, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst buffet ever!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very limited amounts of food on the buffet & forget about the hibachi part, that takes forever! Would not recommend this place at all. Go to House of Hong down the street, much better food & service.

• Visited November 2013
Fuji, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best In Town!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you ever heard someone saying this restraunt is bad or worst service, don't listen to that! That's all lie! They never been mean! They are very nice. If you don't believe me, just go there and try it! It's the best restraunt ever! Never go to House of Hong! They had the worst service ever!
Oreint Buffet is nice, and if you ever had a questions or something you want to tell them, they always listen to you. They smiles mostly everytime! Loves that!

• Visited July 2013
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I came here with my husband for lunch while traveling in Watkins Glen, it was a truly terrible dining experience, even by $7 buffet standards. My husband elected to go with the buffet, while ordered off the menu. While I was waiting for my meal I ate half of a spring roll off of his plate...well it was all downhill from there! The server came over and angrily informed me that since we had not both paid for the buffet that I would have to pay for the spring roll that I ate. Fine - I thought it was silly but I really didn't mind. The entire tone of the service changed after this. Not only did our server become incredibly rude, but she also loudly spoke about us to the other server, repeatedly speaking in Cantonese but saying "spring roll" in English and gesturing to the table, it was truly ridiculous, as if we had intended to steal from them! On top of all this, after eating here I got a horrible case of food poisoning. I would never recommend this place and would never go back. If you are looking for delicious Chinese food in Watkins Glen go to Hongs Palace - the food there is amazingly delicious and the service was top notch!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank WanderingVeg
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Best Chinese Buffet I've ever had”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Even though it is small, the service was superb and the food was excellent. I'm so glad we went! The food was fresh. Even though we didn't have it, the hibachi grill looked and smelled good.

• Visited May 2013