“Pleasant surprise. ”

Budget Inn
Budget Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Friendly, clean, quiet except for the heater turning on and off! Kept the room warm though, and I was the only one who heard it! Breakfast choices simple, but enough to start us off. Love the fresh fruit.

Would definitely stay here again! Beautiful area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wt4animals

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I booked the room for my daughter who was getting into town very late. Owner allowed for me to pay for the room over the phone and made arrangements so my daughter could get the room key after hours.

My daughter said the room was clean. Her only criticism was that the bathroom was cold, but she was overall pleased with the room.

Thank you for helping us out when we were in a bind.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mstitley
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this motel for two nights as we were visiting our granddaughter. Nothing dancing and elegant but clean nevertheless. A bit pricey for the time of year we went there. The first night we realized they had not left any towels for us to shower (only on small size face cloth). The remedy the situation the second day with enough towels and face cloths etc. for the two of us. The heater in the room was somewhat noisy but we did manage to fall asleep, probably because we were exhausted. The next time we travel to the area we will most likely check out other places. However, if you are just looking for a convenient and decent place, I would book it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I made reservations a week ago, and was quoted a price for two nites at $60 per nite, but when we got there the other day, they doubled the price to $120 per nite. This class of hotel is not worth $120 per nite, more like $65 per nite. It's very small, and has no features. Worse of all, all other hotels in the area were full, so I had to stay one nite. The next day I moved 20 miles down to Corning, NY, and found a beautiful place for $130. The manager at the Budget was a horrible [--], and wanted to kick us out for complaining. I wouldn't recommend this Budget Inn to my worse enemy. I have never before been so angry from a bad hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Dave M
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent one night here while roaming around the area. Property was clean and so were the rooms. There is a fairly new Tops across the street that has a very nice deli. A well stocked package store was next to the Tops. There is also a family restaurant a very short walk up the road. We didn't personally try it but neighbouring rooms had good comments. The property is very close to Watkins Glen State Park which is a must see. Also don"t miss the falls at Montour Falls just a few miles south from the motel.
The motel itself is as the name suggests budget but it fit the bill for that night. It is situated at the south end of town on a fairly busy road so road noise is an issue during the day but we found it was quiet from about 10pm to 5ish the next morning. Being an early riser this was not an issue. We found the staff to be friendly and had no issues at checkin or out. As I mentioned the room was very clean as was the bathroom. Our room had a fridge and microwave while our friends just had a fridge. Luck of the draw perhaps? My only issue and I'm being picky here is you have to go to the lobby for coffee as the rooms had no coffee makers. A bit of a pain for we early birds but not a deal breaker. The breakfast was basic but again enough to get you going in the AM.
In short I would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank marinerbay
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was a toss up between Budget and another hotel for a quick getaway in Watkins Glen. Based on my telephone conversation with the Budget front desk alone, I declined to book there. Curt attitude, heavy accent, almost unintelligable, 2 word answers, smoking only rooms, then a rapid-fire phone number followed by "call my cousin next store - he has rooms".

Um, no thanks. Can't underestimate the power of a first impression. Maybe it's unfair to judge based this, but Budgets' management deserves to hear some feedback.

We'll see if the hotel where I did book - with a helpful and friendly first impression over the phone - lives us to their reputation once we stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diver4comm
Reviewed August 24, 2013

There is nothing distinctive about this property but the rooms are clean and the owners are pleasant. They offer a limited continental breakfast. We could not get Wi-Fi in our room, but could get it in the office. TV included HBO. There was a fridge in the room.

Watkins Glen is a little town. This hotel is just fine for the area, especially if you are there for a short stay. Short walk to the entrance of the State Park. 10-minute drive to the NASCAR track. Dunkin Donuts down the street. Ice cream parlor next door.Grocery store and a few family-run restaurants nearby..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1 mi away
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!