“Great place to camp and hike”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen State Park Campground
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Friendly campground within an exceptional park. The gorge trail (no pets) is a beautiful, strenuous hike with lots of stairs. The rim trail (pets allowed) doesn't have the same views but there are overlooks.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Omatc

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got a great site, the same one I was in 13 years prior. I won't tell you which one. Bathrooms were clean, showers well maintained with warm water, water spigots abundant, fire rings in good shape, campsites not too far apart but not crazy close either. The only thing is lack of any waterfront sites of any type.

Room Tip: There are no rooms - this is a campground.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DebraCo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visit with my family last July and we enjoy there. The park very beautiful and specialy . My children loves to walk in the gorge and between the falls . The pool is very cleaning and comfortable. I want to return to Watkins glen again... We love the place.

Room Tip: We sleep in holiday inn express in halmira the best hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dror A
Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a beautiful park. This was our first experience camping in a State Park. The kids loved the play structures, they were amazing! The pool was a little cold but they didn't mind. We stayed in a rustic cabin which we really enjoyed, lots of room and clean. My only complaint would be the campsite check-in office - they seemed to be short staffed at busy check-in times.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chvlee
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to go camping for a few days. We stayed in Tuscaroura and it was great! Our site was just big enough, a bit of a hike to the restrooms, but what can you do. The restrooms were sorta clean, doable for a campground I guess. The showers were great! The water was lukewarm, and despite only having two, it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, on all the doors there are holes (maybe from another lock?) and I turned around to see a smaller child peaking in (not cool..). The campground provided firework which was a great starter kit for a good deal (3 bags for $20). It was a great stay for my first camping trip. I would recommend it to anyone wanted to stay for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Knightmi
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice quiet campground with plenty to do. Watkins glen is a great town. Great food and drink. Plenty to do in the area, hiking, kayaking, boating shopping . Campground employees extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you are looking for a non commercial view of nature, keep moving. The falls are pretty enough, but distracted by mounds of people with big cameras. If it has rained recently, the trails will be very wet and muddy. Save yourself the parking fee by parking in town and walking into the park. The bathrooms on site are poorly maintained and dirty. You would think for 8 $ the state would have a janitor.

• Stayed: July 2013
#3 of 17 in Watkins Glen
Firelight Camps
Firelight Camps
#1 of 3 in Ithaca

Been to Watkins Glen State Park Campground? Share your experiences!