“So patient with a non-wine drinker.”
Review of Lakewood Vineyards

Lakewood Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: Lakewood Vineyards is located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York. A working grape farm since 1951, the winery was established in 1988. Almost 2 decades later, with over 675 awards, we continually produce fine wines and mead, and present these wines in the inviting, friendly tasting room. We are family friendly and encourage you to enjoy the view of Seneca Lake while strolling through our vineyards or picnicking in our lawn.
Girard, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So patient with a non-wine drinker.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

They took their time and shared knowledge with me in such a friendly way. I loved their wine samples and went home with a few bottles. I had some wine as soon as I reach home. yum

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Favorite Winery”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I love Lakewood! I have the best time when I go here. There staff is always so friendly and funny. They also have an excellent selection of wine. We usually stop here first on our trip, it's a great place to start your trip!

Visited March 2012
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tastings with friends”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Seriously they do have excellent wine and the staff is super. Best Dry Riesling. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Dazzle0602
Denver, PA
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Excellent Wine Tasting”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent Wine Tasting and Excellent wines for our tastes. My husband liked their Catawba 2010, Abby Rose 2010, Riesling 2011, and Vignoles 2011. I liked their Borealis and Glaciovinum.

Pittsburgh
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“We love Lakewood!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Driving along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail, one can be overwhelmed by the number of wineries to sample. We have tasted at dozens of them, and definitely have our favorites. I would say, when in doubt, try it---that's part of the fun. Then when you find one that you especially like, you can keep coming back. One that we like very much, and will keep returning to, is Lakewood. On Sunday, I believe it opens at Noon, an hour later than some other wineries on the Trail. It is not far north of the town of Watkins Glen, so if you are staying there, it's very convenient. Though on the lake side of the road, there is really not a lake view. However, the setting is lovely, and there is a picnic table under a shady tree, the perfect place to open a bottle of Lakewood wine, slice some bread, fruit and cheese and have a relaxing picnic while the world goes by at the Finger Lakes slower pace.
Lakewood is a very friendly family winery, with a great selection of wines. We especially like their Vignoles, which is different from any wine we have tasted. There is a distinct flavor of grapefruit! But it's not overpowering---it's light and delicious, and I wish we'd bought more.
The only thing I would change is the way the tastings were done every time we were there. One person does a group tasting, and sometimes this can mean that the person is talking to a lot of people at the same time. I didn't feel as if I was getting much personal attention, not that I expect the employee to chat continuously with me, but the tasting felt rather rushed. Even the addition of one more person would have improved the experience, and during peak times, such as the week-ends, it would make sense. That said, our tasting was still very pleasant, the setting appealing, and the wines delicious!

Visited July 2012