“Perfect morning sail”

Schooner Excursions, Inc
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Watkins Glen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail on the vintage 1926 John Alden Malabar VII Schooner "True Love" that was featured in the 1956 movie "High Society". Docked at the Watkins Glen Seneca Harbor Park Pier, Schooner "True Love" charters daily on the deep blue waters of beautiful Seneca Lake. Coast Guard Certified for up to 22 passengers Schooner "True Love" sets the perfect scene for your relaxing getaway. Tour on our latest addition to the fleet, "M/V REMEDY" is an Oldport 26 Tour Boat. Enjoy an educational Eco-History Tour, a Winery, Brewery & Distillery Tour or relaxing Sightseeing Tour of Beautiful Seneca Lake. Docked next to the Watkins Glen Seneca Harbor Park Pier.
Wilmington, Delaware
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Perfect morning sail”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a beautiful boat! The morning that we went was a great morning to sail- just enough winds to be able to utilize the sails. So glad we fit this into our schedule! Thanks to Larry, James and Angela a great crew to sail with- we had an awesome time!

Watkins Glen, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful sail a couple of weeks ago. The captain and crew were wonderful and very kind to everyone. Larry loves the water and the lake. I would recommend it to anyone.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful sunset sail!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I took a sunset sail with another couple who had joined us for our weekend in Watkins Glen to celebrate our mutual 10th wedding anniversaries. I was a bit worried because I learned that my friend had problems with seasickness but not so aboard True Love! The four of us sat with Captain Larry and had a fabulous time talking with him about his very interesting adventures. He is an extremely personable, incredibly knowledgeable, and quite fascinating guy! The two "Gavins" who were also aboard made sure that everyone was comfortable and served drinks (from a very limited cash bar). It is apparent that Larry is an expert and is completely at home on the water. If we hadn't had so many activities already planned for the duration of our stay, we would have loved to return for another spin around the beautiful Seneca Lake. Highly recommended no matter what time of day, although the wine available on the sunset cruise adds to the enjoyment.

1 Thank KimRaber
Toronto
“True Love is Lovely”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a fantastic time last Friday on schooner, "True Love". Great wind and good hosts working the ship--highly recommend. We did the afternoon sail and after a morning hiking, it was simply perfect. Do it, and the more wind the better!!! I often get sea sick and this was a beautiful smooth sail. Rita from Toronto.

Ithaca, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Trip!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I took my parents on this on the 3 pm sail last week, and we LOVED it! It was so relaxing and it was gorgeous scenery everywhere you looked! The staff was very friendly and personable, making the whole experience completely wonderful! I want to go again this summer with other friends coming into town.