Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Budget Inn(Watkins Glen)
View Hotel
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)
View Hotel
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
View Hotel
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
  • Bar/Lounge
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
View Hotel
The Falls Motel(Montour Falls)
Rosemary's Legacy(Montour Falls)
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
  • Free Internet
1,323 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelturn down servicefinger lakeshotel restaurantlake viewblue pointewould highly recommend this hotelcoffee stationtiled showerhardwood floorsthe entire hotelfire pitbalcony roomwe ate breakfastcoffee and teawalk in showeroff season
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I must start out by saying this is a beautiful upscale hotel. The rooms are clean and beautiful as well as the entire hotel. There were only two blemishes on our stay, but they are worth noting for other travelers. First of all this is a 100% non smoking hotel like it states on its web site. I am 44 years old and both my Husband and I are non smokers. Upon checking in I almost felt like I was being scolded by a young man that was informing me of the non smoking policy. After he informed me and made me initial a page of non smoking paper work, (to which I assured him we don't smoke) he continued to go on to tell me that we better check our room when we first entered and look for ashes or cigarette butts. He informed me that even if the maid was to find them after we checked in, we would be responsible and I assume would be kicked out of the hotel. I think this is a little extreme and just informing guests should do the trick! I didn't say anything at the time, but I was highly insulted after I thought about the manner in which he harped on it. Especially since I'm not a smoker nor a teenager. This aside we made our way to our room and it was certainly up to the standard that we are used to. We booked a king lake view room with a balcony, the goal of our trip was romance and privacy for we were celebrating our 11th Anniversary. We were excited to open our patio door and start our celebration with a glass of wine overlooking Seneca lake, when to our surprise we were sharing our balcony with 4 other people (two couples) partying next door. There is a very small roll away trellis that sits between ALL PATIOS that is only about 4 ft high and does not extend all the way to either end. (one of the men next door was leaning on it and could see right into our room and look at our bed) Needless to say this put a damper on romance and privacy!!! My Husband was very upset and when he went down to complain he got the deer in headlights look and was told there was nothing they could do. Keep in mind it is not just privacy that is lacking here, but safety! We did not know who was next to us and if you want to enjoy your balcony or leave the door open especially while you sleep at night, you are taking a big safety risk! Not to mention that we paid extra for a room with a balcony and now we didn't want to use it! Like I said this man could see our bed, so we had to shut the curtains just to have privacy! Kind of defeats the purpose of a lake view balcony room!!! We managed to make the best of it and they did eventually go inside, but we had to enjoy coffee with them the next morning. (hair all ruffled and pj's on to boot!) I would love to know what the design team of this hotel was thinking????? If you are in the area, we suggest eating lunch or dinner at Red Newt Cellars winery. (modest drive from the hotel) It was excellent food, very scenic (if its nice weather you can eat on the patio) and the chef was just interviewed for the food network show Chopped. She is in the finals and may be picked to be on the next season. There are two other wineries that offer lunch and they are Wagner and Ventosa. Nice to know in advance, because when we asked hotel staff where to eat they did not recommend any of these upscale places. They mostly know local food which are low end kind of places. Hope this helps!

2  Thank kimmariec66
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Great new hotel, nothing like it in the area. Great views on harbor faceing rooms.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Harbor Hotel has a prime location at the southern end of Seneca Lake. We were told that the hotel is two years old--and considering the modern conveniences, that seems accurate. We had a lakeview room with king bed and sitting area with a pull-out sofa. Everything was clean and attractive, from the laminate wood floors to the huge bathroom to the luxurious bed linens. As a near-sighted person who often has difficulty seeing to apply makeup in hotel rooms, I was especially pleased with the vanity area that had an electric makeup mirror with a magnified side. Turn-down service and chocolates were offered each evening.
We had a dinner and a breakfast at the hotel restaurant--though slightly pricey, the food and service were very good--and you cannot beat the view of the lake--whether on the patio or in the nicely decorated dining room. I would wish for some vegetarian entrees on the menu, but I made do with some nice appetizers and a salad for dinner.
All of the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful.
It was a pleasure to be able to walk out on the pier in the morning and afternoon to watch the boats or just enjoy the beauty of the lake. Other restaurants and some shops are within walking distance. I will most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Decided to splurge on a more expensive hotel for our visit to the Corning Glass Museum and was not disappointed. This was probably the nicest property we have ever stayed at and made our trip extra special. Located near many vineyards and the little state park in town is a wonderful hike around numerous waterfalls.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Spent 2 nights here in late July in a lakeside, balcony room. The hotel was great--as it is only 2 years old, everything was new and up-to-date. Comfy bed, frig that you could actually put something in, excellent staff. The setting couldn't be better. Ate at the hotel both nights. Only caveats--very minor: would like more variety on the menu, altho we made dinner out of apps the second night. Heard a person walking in the room next to us the first morning; don't know if this is more of a problem (wood floors) as we were on the top floor. The balconies are not really private. Desk said we had a private one but we were separated from the next room only by a privacy screen. From looking at the floor plan, I couldn't see any truly private ones.

As I said, these are very minor caveats. We would definitely go back and highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple