“Perfect romnatic getaway”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Perfect romnatic getaway”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I went to Niagara with my family in the second week of November and on the way we had a one night stay at Watkins Glen. We were six people in the room and had a very comfortable sleep due to the extra beds. The room had two queen size bed and a sofa cum bed comfortable enough for two.Though I went with my family I am looking forward to going there again with my friends. I also recommended it to my brother and his girlfriend. The room was huge enough to accommodate all the people comfortably and the also provided a round table with four stools for having a nice chat over food. It was the best hotel I have stayed at so far, though I have traveled in almost every country. I am just sad that I didn't have enough time for a longer stay.

1 Thank Yesha1991
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay with us. Our team always looks forward to every comment submitted by our guests.

We just recently added sofa beds to several of the rooms with double queen beds. We’re thrilled this addition accommodated the needs of your family.

Your recommendation and patronage are very important to us. Hopefully you’ll have the opportunity to stay longer for your next visit.

We look forward to your future stays with us!

Carolyn Guyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Burke, VA
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I arrived about three in the afternoon on Thanksgiving day for our two night stay. We were greeted by a professional, happy, smiling and friendly staff. Check in was immedate and painless. The lobby and hallway leading to the elevators were very clean. The elevators were also nice and clean. We got to our room on the 3rd floor and found it to be very spacious. There was plenty of room to move around without tripping over furnature or the bed. It was a king room with balcony facing the lake. The view was great. The floor, which I believe is a wood laminate not carpet, looked to be clean enough to eat off of. The bathroom was roomy and the shower was huge and emaculate. There were plenty of towels and even terry robes to use during our stay. The bed was comfortable and had enough pillows for a small army which was great. The room was quiet as no noise came in from the hall or through the walls. However, I could hear the chairs scraping on the floor and people walking in the room above. The floor/celing does not appear to be sound proofed. Each night there was a knock at the door to ask if we would like turndown service. We declined but the young lady gave us the chocolates she otherwise would have left on the pillows. Fantastic. We came here to visit several of the wineries and do a little stocking up on our favorite wines. We returned to the hotel with some cases of wine and did not want to leave them in the car or cary them up to the room. The ladies at the front desk, I am sorry I did not get their names, were very helpful and Jeff happly unloaded the from the car and stored them for us. Then loaded everything in our car the next day when we checked out. Checkout by the way was just as painless ang smooth as the checkin. Also, everyone was friendly and helpful. We did have the wonderful thanksgiving dinner in the BluePointe Grill which I will review seperately. Overall, this was possibly the best hotel stay we have had in years. We will definately stay here again. Great staff. Great hotel. Great location.

1 Thank neal4212
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We’re excited to hear that you and your wife loved your experience at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel and that you enjoyed everything about your stay!

We are thrilled that you had a great visit with us and you can be assured that our staff equally enjoyed having you as our guest and attending to your needs. We truly pride ourselves with the quality of our people and their desire to treat our guests with warmth, hospitality and professionalism sought after in luxury hotels. We certainly appreciate you giving a special mention to our bellman Jeff.

On the behalf of the Harbor Hotel team, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with the others.

Astoria, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am from New York State but had never been to Watkin's Glen until last night. While returning from Canada, my wife suggested that we spend a night at the hotel in Watkin's Glen. I travel a lot and often stay at hotels around the world. We enjoyed our single night stay here.

There was a pool but we didn't use it.

There was a restaurant but it seemed pricey so we went out instead.

The room was spacious. In addition to the two queen beds, there was a table and chairs, and there was a couch built in below the window. I'm from New York City and can only dream about this kind of built in window seat. It was very restful to sit in that window seat and gaze out the window.

We ate at a microbrewery a block from the hotel called The Rooster Fish. It was bar food with an excellent beer flight. The Scotch Ale was amazing, as was the Blonde. There were other places to eat and drink, as well as a movie theater, all within walking distance.

I hope you'll consider staying here during the winter off season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake. There is a large air conditioning unit on the ground floor near the...
1 Thank Ben S
Your review title "Wild about Watkins Glen" is priceless! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. It was, indeed, our pleasure to have you as our guests and are delighted you have a great memory of Watkins Glen and the Harbor Hotel.

We are looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

West Wyoming Pa
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is the second year my husband and I stayed at the Harbor Hotel. We absolutely love it! This year we stayed in a suite. The room was huge with a large living room, bar area, bedroom, and beautiful bathroom with a jacuzzi. The staff was friendly and helpful. I won't stay anywhere else when I visit the wineries. A special thank you to the hotel manager, Carolyn Guyer, for making our stay so wonderful!

2 Thank petr82770
It’s great to hear when our guests fall in love with our hotel! It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and it was my pleasure to do all that I could to make your stay a memorable one. I’m happy to hear the Admiral Suite exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your high recommendation of the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to give us and other travelers your feedback on your experience.

It has been our privilege to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbor Hotel on your next visit.

Port Washington, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a package with Seneca Lake Wine Tours. Very clean, which is most important to me. Only thing that turned me off was when I went to use the hair dryer there were some very long black hairs on the bag (not mine). I think my biggest hotel pet peeve is finding hair from past guests. Other than that the room was clean & spacious. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend and stay here again. Hopefully next time we could get a lake view. Our view was overlooking the parking lot but we were there for the wineries so no biggie.

1 Thank Connie S
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and appreciate you bringing the housekeeping department’s oversight to our attention.

We are delighted to read the great comments about our staff - they are the true key to our success and our team truly enjoys what they do.

We value your patronage and your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 23, 2013

For our recent wedding (off site) we spent 3 nights at this hotel. I am a local who grew up in the area and watch the hotel go up. I was excited to stay here and see if it truly was the wonderful new addition to our town as they advertise. It was nice but very expensive. We had a nice room that overlooked the lake, it was spacious and comfortable. The hotel did not offer anything special for guests who were recently married, not even a congratulation note in the room or an extra chocolate on the pillow. The hotel did move my fiancée's items from the room she stayed in before the wedding to our Honeymoon room. This is the nicest thing we felt we received while staying at this hotel.

The hotel served its purpose but I did not feel I was getting the service or quality stay for the amount we paid. I will most likely not be staying here again. Being a new hotel they truly have the attitude that "If you don't like what we offer, we don't care, someone else will take it." Have stayed in nice hotels around the world I know you can get much better and nicer service for a lot less.

My biggest complaints are:
1: Their minimum night stay requirement, they would not budge on this even for a local who just was married. This is nothing but pure greed.
2: There was food from the previous occupant in the room fridge. When we mentioned it we got a "I'm sorry we will have the cleaning staff look into it."

Room Tip: Book early, being a new hotel it tends to fill up fast. Also they are popular and know it, don'...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and congratulations on your recent marriage! I sincerely apologize your special occasion wasn’t acknowledged by our staff during your recent stay.

Clearly from the details you have provided, we fell well below our standards of service, and for this we are very sorry. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our guest services. Please contact me directly at cguyer@harthotels.com. I will ensure your future stay with us is a memorable one.

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend in the Commodore Suite. It was absolutely beautiful. We had a lovely bedroom, a very nice living room, a beautiful bathroom, and the suite had 2 balconies facing Seneca Lake. I was impressed with the suite. There was coffee/tea every morning in the corridor. The bar area was very charming as were the waitresses. We ate dinner at the hotel which was delicious!! I would definitely stay again at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Seneca Lake.
1 Thank Eloise A
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to point out some of our special touches that truly make our hotel unique and enjoyable. We pride ourselves on creating only the very best of experiences for each of our guests.

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our Commodore Suite and that you would definitely return in the future. Repeat customers are our measure of success.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars
Chieftain Motel
Chieftain Motel
#9 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!