“Wild about Watkins Glen”

Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Astoria, New York
“Wild about Watkins Glen”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am from New York State but had never been to Watkin's Glen until last night. While returning from Canada, my wife suggested that we spend a night at the hotel in Watkin's Glen. I travel a lot and often stay at hotels around the world. We enjoyed our single night stay here.

There was a pool but we didn't use it.

There was a restaurant but it seemed pricey so we went out instead.

The room was spacious. In addition to the two queen beds, there was a table and chairs, and there was a couch built in below the window. I'm from New York City and can only dream about this kind of built in window seat. It was very restful to sit in that window seat and gaze out the window.

We ate at a microbrewery a block from the hotel called The Rooster Fish. It was bar food with an excellent beer flight. The Scotch Ale was amazing, as was the Blonde. There were other places to eat and drink, as well as a movie theater, all within walking distance.

I hope you'll consider staying here during the winter off season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake. There is a large air conditioning unit on the ground floor near the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ben S
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Your review title "Wild about Watkins Glen" is priceless! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. It was, indeed, our pleasure to have you as our guests and are delighted you have a great memory of Watkins Glen and the Harbor Hotel.

We are looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Carolyn Guyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
West Wyoming Pa
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is the second year my husband and I stayed at the Harbor Hotel. We absolutely love it! This year we stayed in a suite. The room was huge with a large living room, bar area, bedroom, and beautiful bathroom with a jacuzzi. The staff was friendly and helpful. I won't stay anywhere else when I visit the wineries. A special thank you to the hotel manager, Carolyn Guyer, for making our stay so wonderful!

2 Thank petr82770
It’s great to hear when our guests fall in love with our hotel! It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and it was my pleasure to do all that I could to make your stay a memorable one. I’m happy to hear the Admiral Suite exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your high recommendation of the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to give us and other travelers your feedback on your experience.

It has been our privilege to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbor Hotel on your next visit.

Port Washington, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a package with Seneca Lake Wine Tours. Very clean, which is most important to me. Only thing that turned me off was when I went to use the hair dryer there were some very long black hairs on the bag (not mine). I think my biggest hotel pet peeve is finding hair from past guests. Other than that the room was clean & spacious. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend and stay here again. Hopefully next time we could get a lake view. Our view was overlooking the parking lot but we were there for the wineries so no biggie.

1 Thank Connie S
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and appreciate you bringing the housekeeping department’s oversight to our attention.

We are delighted to read the great comments about our staff - they are the true key to our success and our team truly enjoys what they do.

We value your patronage and your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 23, 2013

For our recent wedding (off site) we spent 3 nights at this hotel. I am a local who grew up in the area and watch the hotel go up. I was excited to stay here and see if it truly was the wonderful new addition to our town as they advertise. It was nice but very expensive. We had a nice room that overlooked the lake, it was spacious and comfortable. The hotel did not offer anything special for guests who were recently married, not even a congratulation note in the room or an extra chocolate on the pillow. The hotel did move my fiancée's items from the room she stayed in before the wedding to our Honeymoon room. This is the nicest thing we felt we received while staying at this hotel.

The hotel served its purpose but I did not feel I was getting the service or quality stay for the amount we paid. I will most likely not be staying here again. Being a new hotel they truly have the attitude that "If you don't like what we offer, we don't care, someone else will take it." Have stayed in nice hotels around the world I know you can get much better and nicer service for a lot less.

My biggest complaints are:
1: Their minimum night stay requirement, they would not budge on this even for a local who just was married. This is nothing but pure greed.
2: There was food from the previous occupant in the room fridge. When we mentioned it we got a "I'm sorry we will have the cleaning staff look into it."

Room Tip: Book early, being a new hotel it tends to fill up fast. Also they are popular and know it, don'...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and congratulations on your recent marriage! I sincerely apologize your special occasion wasn’t acknowledged by our staff during your recent stay.

Clearly from the details you have provided, we fell well below our standards of service, and for this we are very sorry. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our guest services. Please contact me directly at cguyer@harthotels.com. I will ensure your future stay with us is a memorable one.

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend in the Commodore Suite. It was absolutely beautiful. We had a lovely bedroom, a very nice living room, a beautiful bathroom, and the suite had 2 balconies facing Seneca Lake. I was impressed with the suite. There was coffee/tea every morning in the corridor. The bar area was very charming as were the waitresses. We ate dinner at the hotel which was delicious!! I would definitely stay again at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Seneca Lake.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eloise A
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to point out some of our special touches that truly make our hotel unique and enjoyable. We pride ourselves on creating only the very best of experiences for each of our guests.

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our Commodore Suite and that you would definitely return in the future. Repeat customers are our measure of success.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,
S.Brunswick
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on way to Niagara Falls, had lakeview room,(I recommend) the room was spotless, staff was very attentive. Will stay here again on return trip to the area. Restaurant on site was also very good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing you experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that the Harbor Hotel provided a wonderful place for you to stay while traveling to Niagara Falls.

Our Food & Beverage team will be delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Blue Pointe Grille. Our staff is committed to delivering friendly service in a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere, so thank you for taking note of their efforts!

Thank you for the excellent rating. We will look forward to being a part of your next visit to the Finger Lakes Region.

Best Regards,
Milford,MA
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I had several great days in the Finger Lakes Region visiting wineries and museums. We stayed here two nights. The hotel and the rooms are lovely with everything needed. I loved the coffee bar in the corridors which eliminates the coffee maker in the room. The bathroom had a great tiled shower...really beautiful. There is a lovely bar with great bartenders as well.

My only issue with the hotel is pricing. I was quoted $322.00 for Sat night and $122.00 for the same room Sun night. This is rather ridiculous. So we stayed Sun and Mon for $141.00 each night for the lake view. Less for two nights than one.

Some of the restaurant prices were high as well. No entree under $20.00 at dinner. Breakfast was also pricey, but all in all a wonderful and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Lake view is awesome!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our well-appointed rooms, bathrooms and coffee & tea stations were all a part of giving you an excellent experience.

As you noted, rates can fluctuate dramatically on the weekends, so we’re happy your schedules allowed you to visit us on Sunday and Monday.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you’ll choose the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel again when your travels bring you back to the Finger Lakes Region.

Carolyn Guyer.
Gorgeous View Motel
Gorgeous View Motel
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars

Been to Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!