“Cute,clean,and affordable.”

Ranked #15 of 17 Watkins Glen B&B and Inns
Watkins Glen, New York
“Cute,clean,and affordable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

We found this place on internet and decided to try it. We are glad we did. Rooms were very clean and staff was wonderful. Able to answer any question or locate answer if they were not sure. Would definately stay again and recommend to others.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Harrisburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

We were in Watkins Glen for a party at one of the Seneca Lake wineries. There was a lot going on this particular weekend and we could only find a room at this hotel as other places were booked. It is small, but very conveniently located. They are in the process of renovating, but our room had already been redone. It had new furniture and was clean. It is small, but it was a good place to stay and the price was nice. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. We had no problems and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PABucsFan
Ontario Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

Seneca Clipper Inn now gets a -5 stars (minus5)
be very careful of your reservation. after staying at same place for 20 years, they wanted to give our room to a race team, and then put the rate up an extra 50%!!!!!!!!!!
They also did away with the garden in center of lot to allow for more parking. This took away from the hominess/ambience of the motel.
We found another hotel on the lake with a proper continental breakfast with real toast/bagels/cerals/juice instead of that prepakaged stuff they called danish and coffee with powdered creamer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travellers297

Travelers are raving about these Watkins Glen hotels

Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

Saw this on the web, pictures looked average and we're only staying one night in Watkins Glen, so why not? We got there, we had two rooms and here's where it all began. There are 14 rooms, half of the motel is old and the other half has been recently built. The new addition was actually not bad. It still had a nice new smell. The OLD part, which my wife and I stayed in (room #1) was not so good. It has wood paneling, musty smell and there was a huge spider on the roof before bed - kind of gross!

The room was apparently cleaned in the afternoon but there was a nice long hair on our sheets and some nice 'mystery stains!'

I didn't complain one bit because I thought, what's the point, we're there for less then 10 hours. I wouldn't stay there again! There's a budget inn accross the street that looked nice!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Hearing all the cars drive by at all hours, the musty smell, the nice complimentary breakfast (muffins in plastic baggies)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Scooby_TS
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

I booked a room at the Seneca Clipper Inn in February for the Porshe races....due to the weather the day before I cancelled making sure that they didnt have any policies and charge my credit card. I called the SENECA and spoke with a boy that did not have any reservations in our name., I was dumbfounded. He then told me that they also own the Budget Inn in Watkins Glen which by the looks of it would have never stayed there OR even called to see if they had a reservation! He then tells me that my reservations were over at the Budget Inn......I asked the boy if he could have the owner call me...she never did, I had to call her over at the Budget Inn. She argued with me stating that I had my reservations over at the Budget Inn and not the Seneca Clpper Inn...I was disagreeing because I KNOW who I CALLED....anyway....after all that she hung up on me. I feel that they were misleading and will never recommend them to anyone again. I thought they were sneaky and they have a misleading website for the public to read. There is nothing that states that my credit card would be charged. I will keep you posted if they charge me or not. I WILL NOT CALL THEM BACK.....I WILL BE CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS and then spreading the word.....what bad business ethics they have!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family