“Olga not a person of her word”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Admiral Peabody's Lakeside Lodging
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked reservations here a few months back. The weekend we were stay one of my cousins passed away and we had to attend the wake. My wife spoke with Olga, who told us she was going to keep our deposit if we couldn't make it. My wife and she agreed that we would move our stay and we would stay there on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We had booked one of the small cabins, and Olga said she would upgrade us on Sunday and Monday to one of the larger cabins. She and her husband would move our luggage on Sunday and "take care of everything." When we arrived back Sunday afternoon, Olga told that she had "forgotten", someone had reservation for the cabin she was switching us to. Not only did she renege on her promise, she didn't offer a discount or any incentive to stay there. I think Olga found someone who would be staying longer than us and took the money, nevermind her principles. We found another motel with cabins and enjoyed the rest of our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ron W

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Not many places are truly dog "friendly" more often it is only dog "tolerant". This place is truly dog friendly. The units are nicely maintained and comfortable. The location is quiet and the view is great. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: The two units that have 2 bedrooms have the best views and very nice porches. The large one bedroo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VirginiaPho2grapher
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We traveled over 700 miles to find our "Lakeside Cottage" not a cottage and 4 flights of steps to beach, across the street to a salt factory and railroad tracks. Came baack from site seeing to find host and dog and a man in our room.....Would not recommend this to my worst enemy...Definitly not as advertised....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MamaBytheSea
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for three nights this past week (end of June 2012). Two couples stayed in a two bedroom cabin. The cabin was spotless. Olga was wonderful. I called at least twice before we went to check on various things (bed sizes, d they have wifi, etc.) and she was always friendly and patient. When we were there, she stopped by each morning while we were having coffee on our deck and answered questions about the area, got us maps, gave us directions and recommended restaurants. I have never had that level of unasked for helpfulness outside of a B&B. Our deck had multiple chairs and tables. The lawn in front had a gas grill for our unit, and more chairs under a shady tree. Drinking coffee each morning while looking at the lake was great.
I do have a couple of cautions. The cabin is very small for four people to inhabit. It was fine for us, as we were seldom there and the outside space was so nice, but if you want to be inside for much of the time, you will be cramped. Also, the property is on a road that has more traffic than one would think. Lots of trucks go by. We were in the bedroom closest to the road, and slept with the window open. If you are a light sleeper, this could be a problem. I woke up the first night at 5:30 a.m. and between all the traffic and wondering why there would be so much traffic at that hour, it took awhile for
me to get back to sleep. The other nights I slept fine, however (and I'm sure the wineries we visited each afternoon had nothing to do with that!).

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank karla79
Reviewed May 7, 2012

cute and cozy..this lodging facility has been embedded in my mine since my husband and I visited there 5yrs ago...the room was tiny and very quaint with all the fixings--frig.tv.air.microwave.heater.bistro table.flashlight.storgage..all compacted into a cozy setting. I just mentioned to my husband today "let's take a trip to watkins glen" hopefully in July or August
a cabin will be available for us...really loved it...very inspirational for me that I decorated my own
small home into a cozy cabin funky flavor !!!!! Thanks Olga
Nora from the electric complany - remember ? :)

Room Tip: my tip would be .... "don t pass this one up"
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nora J
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We have stayed here on our last 4 trips to wine country.(after staying at several others previously) Perfect location with lake views, a pleasant stroll to town, and a nice dock from which to swim>>CHILLY<< the lake is 600' deep. A very nice wake-up call before or after wining. Stayed in the Love Shack and Stabbin Cabin. Both are cozy small, nice decor, and very clean and decks with view.
Olga and Jeff are fantastic folks who are very attentive to your needs but give you space. Great personalities if you take the time to meet them. 2 examples. On a busy race weekend, after drawing us a map, Jeff led us and other couples on a roundabout thru the countryside so that we would miss all the traffic. It was a shortcut that Mad Max would have been proud of.
Another time, Olga and Jeff were hosting personal friends and invited us to the campfire to share stories, wine etc.
I find it hard to believe some of these reviewers' stories,based on our experiences, but everyone has different needs & expectations. (I was self employed at one time and there were occasions where I fired the client before they fired me!) I will tell you that there are always returning patrons when we've been there.
Anyway, we're scheduling a small reunion there for next summer. We think it will be the perfect place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank uptobat
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The lodging was very excellent !!! Just bring your toothbrush. Everything that is needed for a stay is supplied. Just bring your toothbrush.
Olga also was a excellent host with suggestions in the area. Me and my wife could not have had a better stay anywhere!!
While sitting on the deck at (love Shack) we made a new kitty friend to boot. The deck on the water has all any body would need for the outing. Enjoyment is the word for Admiral Peabody's.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple