Hotel Bellevue
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Henry(Puy-l'Eveque)
  • Restaurant
Hostellerie Clau del Loup(Anglars-Juillac)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Restaurant La Bastide(Villefranche-du-Perigord)
  • Restaurant
Le Clos Grand(Pradines)
All reviewsspectacular viewslot rivergreat night's sleephidden gemprawnswell run hotelbeautiful villagemariebalconymainsfrancedesserthostessgroup
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here with some friends for two nights in September. My room was spacious (for a French single room), it had a balcony, and the view over the river and the valley was fantastic. We ate dinner here the first night. I don´t think I have ever recommended a hotel restaurant before, but the food was some of the best we tasted on this trip. A mixture of traditional and modern, inventive courses. We ended up coming back the next night for an encore.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed there for one night on a French bank holiday in August. The family room is large and modern with fantastic views. The owner and staff were welcoming. We had booked a table in the restaurant, having read some very good reviews about it, but unfortunately the restaurant had to be shut that evening as there had been a 5-day party in town and they had apparently run out of food (with no deliveries on the bank holiday). A real shame as we were looking forward to it but we ended up having dinner at a nice little place nearby (Les Dodus en Ville) which we recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Estelleinlondon
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel was very central, close to all amenities and had wonderful views over the Lot river.
Our room was on 3rd floor and very spacious with a good big bathroom and bath.
Good service but the one night we dined there the selection was very poor. -tripe, duck or prawns. One of us didnt eat seafood,tripe and was thoroughly sick of duck.
We made the best of it and the service was good.

Room Tip: Must get a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This restaurant features in 'Les belles tables du Lot' restaurant guide, a publication that features quality establishments well known for the quality of their food and service, including a few Michelin rated ones.
We ate in the restaurant one Saturday lunchtime last July; there is a bistro at the front and a more formal restaurant at the back overlooking the Lot river.
We arrived on time at 1pm and were greeted politely but not warmly; in fact the woman who served us did not smile or treat us other than waxworks for the entire duration of out visit - and we speak French.
After ordering, we waited a long time - about 40 minutes - for our first course and then the mains which was served 50 minutes after the starter.
We chose from the á la carte menu at 29 euros but the food disappointed.
The starters were very tasty and my husband's - a goat's cheese terrine was exceptionally fine. My husband's main course - a beef dish - was likewise good; however, my fillet of fish on a bed of artichoke purée, though delicious, was of minute proportion: it was served on a large plate with a very small bowl section for the food that could accommodate only a starter size portion.
I only need, and I am used to receiving, smaller portions of rich food at good restaurants but this dish was not rich and, whilst the fish portion was acceptable, overall I felt like I'd had another starter. I still felt hungry.
My husband's dessert was an elaborate affair beautifully presented with all manner of fruits; my chocolate melting pudding was served just as it was, fitting in nicely into the same style soup bowl plate used for my mains with not even one redcurrant for decoration. Had they microwaved a supermarket one and tipped it out of its plastic pot on to the plate? Probably not but that's how it seemed.

There were no apologies for the unacceptably long delay in serving the food. But what really irked me was that a large party of about 10, whom we had seen outside in the open doored bistro, came into the restaurant after we'd been there for about 15 minutes and when, inevitably, their small children started running round the room shouting and playing, the staff said nothing. What is more, the party were only drinking, perhaps having eaten in the bistro. I cannot understand why such a group plus kids was allowed to use the restaurant like a bar. People were paying above the usual lunch time price for their meal because they obviously wanted a more special lunch and they had to put up with conditions you would expect to find in a family friendly restaurant designed for kids. It wasn't that the children or their parents were different from any other such group; of course they were up and down and shouting this and that over to their kids. It was just incongruous and showed a total lack of regard for the restaurant clientele. The restaurant proprietors need to learn about customer service as theirs can be summed up only as inconsiderate and dour.

There are some wonderful restaurants in that area : seek those out and don't risk being treated with such contempt by those in charge at The Bellevue

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SuzannaN
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This was our second stay; we have dined in both restaurants with very positive results. On our first visit, we were hours late for dinner due to a disastrously slow train from Barcelona to Toulouse. We hoped we'd get a crust of bread when we arrived near 10 pm, but they had held the major restaurant (not the bistro) open late for us. The meal was very good, as was our meal in the bistro on our second visit. We had arrived well after dark, and we awoke to a fantastic, picturesque view of the Lot from our balcony. This is not the Georges VI, but consider the amazingly low price; it is a clean, well-run hotel that suited us perfectly. After our second stay, I dropped my wallet (with all my ID and credit cards) in the public parking in front of the hotel, but didn't realize until we reached Carcassonne. The employees found my wallet and sent it by overnight express to Avignon at no charge to me. I'm sorry, but that is great service anywhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business