“More than a lovely meal; an experience!”
Review of Chez Anna

Chez Anna
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Belcastel
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We return to this magical place again and again because Belcastel has captured our hearts. And Chez Anna has captured our stomaches! We sat and had a magnificent view of the chateau while Anna prepared her "Salade Anna"; lovely green salad with tomatoes and a large piece of wonderful buffalo mozzarella cheese, beautiful sun-dried tomatoes, stuffed peppers & olives from Italy all drizzled with a balsamic glaze. (14E) My husband chose homemade eggplant pasta, with a lovely creamy roquefort sauce from a menu with different pastas & sauces to choose from. (10E) We loved this fluffy sorbet-like "lemonada" dessert. Anna runs around like a ball of fire; she has a wonderful personality, and we parted like old friends. She is just wonderful, and speaks fluent English, Italian & French. She has a picnic and gift shop with postcards, regional specialties and fresh bread. And pasta! Prego! Hooray for Anna!

There are newer reviews for Chez Anna

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have visited Belcastel a number of times over the past 3-4 years. I'll never forget my first visit;
I felt like I had travels hundreds of years back in time.... and that i had met a new family with Anna, JB, Guilia and Laura @ Chez Anna !
They are very friendly and caring people. The setting is beyond my words. The food and service very good, and only adds to a visit to Belcastel.
I know that they continue to make improvements to the restaurant, menu, and outdoor courtyard.
and heard they may be offering a Bed and Breakfast...
I look forward to return.

1  Thank don j
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been here a few times for lunch now and always recieve a walm welcome. The lunch menu is simple but very tasty and the staff go out of there way to look after you. The location is superb, right next to the river and the castle in the background. It is an outdoor restaurant so wrap up if it is a bit chillier.We will always return here each time we visit Belcastel

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been to many villiages in France which hold the classification of "Most Beautiful"...Belcastel is, in my opinion, the best of them. In addition to the wonderful town and the amazingly restored Chateau they also have a great little restaurant called Chez Anna. My colleague and I both had the Chez Anna salad for lunch and it was very tasty with some nice additions like stuffed artichoke heart, olive, pepper and onion. We felt truly welcomed there. The setting is very scenic - this really is a beautiful place. I am planning on going back again on my next trip to France...both to see the town again and to eat at this restaurant again.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Belcastel is one of the most beautiful villages in France, and this little riverside eating spot is the perfect place to enjoy the magnificent views while eating some excellent, Italian-influenced food. Open March to October. Very friendly service. On our second visit, they discovered that our daughter was celebrating her birthday and emerged carrying a small cake with candle and singing "Happy Birthday."