“Don't Be Fooled by the Looks of the Place!”
Review of The Purple Pub

The Purple Pub
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Watervliet
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My wife and I went here last night for the first time but it will not be our last. I have a couple of friends at work that repeatedly talk this place up and they were right to do so. The place is nothing to look at as you drive up to the place or even when you enter the place. However, everything else is great about it. The food is very good and definitely reasonable. The menu has something for everyone and there are daily specials. The service was friendly and outstanding. My wife got the hot turkey sandwich, we shared an order of hot buffalo wings put under the broiler, and I had the crab cakes which were a special. All were terrific! The other meals that went by us smelled equally good and the pizza looks great too. We really liked this place a lot!!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

If you want huge portions of American-Italian style fare, this is your safest bet in Watervliet. I have been a customer for over twenty years and it has not changed since my first visit. Do not miss this place.