“Awful Italian, not worth the coupon”

Valente's Rustic Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Watervliet
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Watervliet, New York, United States
“Awful Italian, not worth the coupon”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Now I know why they are giving such a great deal with coupons... The veal parm was nasty and my wife had the eggplant parm and only took two bites.The worst sauce I have ever tasted in an Italian restaurant. Don't waste the trip to try this place, total disappointment.

4 Thank Bill S

Cohoes, NY
“The PERFECT place for veal”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I dined at Valente's for dinner last night. I ordered the Veal Marsala and I was very impressed with the care and detail taken to prepare this dish, The veal was pounded thin, it was absolutely delicious! I decided to eat it all and save the rigatoni for tomorrow night's meal. Their chicken Alfredo was a big hit with my husband. Valente's waitstaff provides great service. We enjoyed our visit and highly recommend dining at Valente's.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank smartcookie1916
Watervliet, New York
“turkey club disaster”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This review is about my visit to Valente's last night for a turkey club. It seems that a turkey club is pretty standard for most restaurants and usually you can hardly get your mouth around one of the quarters...with three slices of bread, tomato slices, crispy lettuce and piles of turkey and topped with crispy bacon. Not!..... My turkey club came with one slice turkey...small amount of lettuce with what amounted to about two or less slices of tomato sectioned into bits and pieces and NO bacon.....that's right...NO BACON! Any restaurant who offers a turkey club or other club sandwiches should have one that probably a portion would be wrapped to come home. No chips and no pickle on top of that disaster. Have been there many times for other items on their menu but the lonely turkey club fell way below the ratings of a decent to great turkey club. Wont be trying that one again. It went back with apologies from the server..but the chef should have made his way to my table instead. This server shouldered the blame which I indicated that it was not his job to check the food before it comes out of the kitchen. I hope this review wakes the kitchen staff up and and the manager and more effort is put into what comes out of their kitchen. I do have to say that I was offered other food of my choice and no bill was presented to me. I declined on more food but was thankful that my bill was taken care of. I will return to this restaurant because most of their selections are great.

1 Thank dotdugs
Malta, New York
“Awesome authentic Italian”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have gone to Valente`s on many occasions on our way to Albany for events. The food is outstanding and the portions are out of this world. Personally I lean towards their veal dishes(tough to find great veal at a good price), the Veal ala Dan is incredible and can feed you twice. All the other food is top notch as well. The seafood platter is served on three plates and broiled perfectly(I have not tried it fried). The steak, pasta, and chicken dishes I have seen also look delectible. Also the sandwiches and childrens menu are oversized and delicious. For the quality and portions you receive Valente`s is a great deal and has everything you wish for in Italian fare. Great service and atmosphere to boot.

1 Thank John B
Albany, New York
“Not bad for a local restaurant”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have lived in the area for several years now and have never noticed this hidden gem before receiving an entertainment coupon. When we first arrived, though the parking lot was full, we were seated right away. Our server greeted us promptly and our soup and salad's came out fairly quickly. We looked over at other diners after we ate out salad's and noticed they had bread served with their appetizers, so we had to ask for ours. I ordered the chicken parm and my son ordered the fried jumbo shrimp. We were quite pleased with the generous portion sizes. My food was pretty good, The chicken was fried crisp, but not dry. The red sauce was decent, not the best I've tasted and not sure if it was homemade, but acceptable. His shrimp were jumbo and fried perfectly. We was definitely satisfied with our meals and had plenty left over to take home. My complaint would be my dessert, which I ordered to go. At $5.95, I had the tiniest sliver of carrot cake, which was definitely NOT homemade. Not sure if my portion size was so tiny because I ordered it to go, but I felt as though it was definitely a waste of money, plus it just wasn't that good. The bakery down the street has way better carrot cake for half the price. However, I would still return for dinner only and I would recommend to others who are visiting the area.

1 Thank IHeartNYS