“Excellent Mac 'n Cheese!"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Valente's Rustic Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Watervliet
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Albany, NY, USA
“Excellent Mac 'n Cheese!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had been hearing great things about Valente's Restaurant since moving to the Capital District, so my family and I decided on dining there a few nights ago, and we are very happy that we did!

The menu at Valente's Restaurant is vast and we had difficulty deciding on what to order, but I remember my friend telling me that this place had a signature mac ‘n cheese dish called ‘Three Little Pigs’ that won several awards, so I decided to order this as an appetizer. This dish was amazing! This was serious mac ‘n cheese--and probably the best version of this dish that I’ve ever had eaten. It held the perfect ratio of cheese, meat and noodle. I recently discovered that Valente’s Restaurant also sells a frozen version of this dish in and around the Capital District; specifically at Price Chopper supermarkets and various other stores, which is a bonus for me, as we don’t live all that close to Watervliet.

The steak gorgonzola that I ordered as an entrée was very generous and quite good, but it was way too much, having already filled up on the mac ‘n cheese, but it made for a great lunch the following day.

Prices were reasonable, staff was efficient, and while I didn't order anything alcoholic, there was full bar service. It was a very nice, very casual way to spend an evening without breaking the bank. Would definitely go back there again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CPlumb

Albany, New York
“Awful pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ordered 2 takeout pizzas on a Sunday night for myself and friends- first, they messed up the order. I ordered a cheese pizza and a florentine style - got cheese and a grilled chicken pizza. The 12 cut is square - sicillian style. That was not mentioned on the online takeout menu. Dough was tasteless. I think the pizza sauce just ran by - hardly any. It was cooked to death - very tough. Chicken was pre-cooked and placed on top of the cheese, so it got extremely overcooked and tough. Very little seasoning. I've had better pizzas from a chain style restaurant. The pizzas cost $15 each for a 12 cut - not bad if it was decent; expensive for the lack of quality. I've been to NYC and had terrific pizza - this is so far from that. I actually threw out the leftovers, and I don't waste food. If that is the quality of the pizza, I would not want to try anything off the regular menu. Interior of the restaurant is very old and tired with 70's decor; dark panelling and poorly lit -do they not want you to see what you're eating? The first thing you see upon entering is the bar. Give this place a miss if you want quality.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank castlesara2010
“Decent meals for $$”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went on a Saturday night around 630 pm sat right down , received drinks fairly quick, after that it got real slow, after placing order for dinner waited for 45 minutes for dinners to come out. All were presented well, generous portions, good taste. Passed On desserts. Would def return but not anytime soon. It was average didnt wow us.

2 Thank J G
Clifton Park, New York
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner at Valente's 6/14/12, I had breaded haddock dinner. It was the best fish dinner I ever had!!! I love to cook so if they impressed me that is really something!! The fish was cooked perfectly and it was breaded in Italian bread crumbs. Delicious. My dinner came with a nice fresh Salad , Sauted Broccoli which was also perfect and a baked potatoe. I have to say I throughly enjoyed my dinner. My husband had Veal parmigane
and he loved it as well!! Neither of us could finish our dinner and we love to eat!! The chef certainly knows what he is doing!!!( He is the owner as well we found out afterwards)
There menu prices are inexpensive and you get alot for your money !!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank jcarpino
Troy, New York
“great and very reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

they have a very good red sauce. went there with a part of 8, two bottles of wine [not a huge selection] 2 cocktails, some sodas and 8 dinners. total bill was $225 with tip. how can you beat that. everbody was happy with their meal

• Visited April 2012