“Go somewhere else!”

Valente's Rustic Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Watervliet
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Troy, New York
“Go somewhere else!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Had to request that silverware, salt and cheese to be brought to our table. Asked if they had any homemade pasta, the waiter assured us that all the pasta was made on premise. When my "homemade" pasta arrived it was anything but, obviously out of a box and watery as well. To top this disaster off, I was shorted $5.00 when the change from the bill was brought back. A return trip is doubtful as there are better Italian restaurants in the area.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jim R

Hudson, New York
“Good food.....good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

This was the latest of many visits at Valente's. Every experience has been positive. The portions are very generous and the food is very tasty. It's a combination of northern and southern Italian dishes. I can't say that this restaurant is in the "gourmet Italian" category, but they have never served a meal I didn't like. I think the best way to describe Valente's would be as a first-rate neighborhood Italian eatery.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Beeper99_12
Guilderland, New York
“Overpriced!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

They claim they're portions are huge...I guess if you consider lots of lettuce and lots of macaroni large portions. The seafood, meat, etc is scarce. We ordered a bottle of wine and it was brought to us opened without the cork! The Lobster and Crab Mac 'n Cheese was just a bowl of macaroni with two tiny pieces of lobster. When we told the waitress, she said she would tell the chef because he is still perfecting it. Nothing else was done! The overall reviews comparing all the food critic websites, give this place low marks. I wish I had listened!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank BevK513
Brunswick, New York
“Excellent Food. Very good Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you are looking for very good food at an inexpensive cost and do not mind a simple, somewhat outdated, atmosphere then Valente's is for you! I ordered a haddock entre. It was extremely fresh and prepared exceptionally. Having been born and raised in Rhode Island and haven eaten my fair share of good seafood, I am a bit of a "snob" when it comes to fresh fish. Valente's should be proud! My husband ordered veal which was excellent as well. Very tender. The portions are extremely generous. In fact we had enough for a second meal the following day. I highly recommend a visit to Valente's.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Toesand
Albany, New York
“Casual Italian dining with very large portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I recieved an offer from Groupon for a half price certificate and decided to try Valente's out. Upon entering we were greated warmly by the bartender and wait staff and seated immediately. This place definitely conveys that casual family italian resturant feel with the wood tables, and booths with paneling on the wall. We ordered the "Three Little Pigs Mac & Cheese" appetizer as it has won the Albany Mac & Cheese Bowl for the last 2 years, very tasty! My wife ordered the Veal and Peppers and I ordered the Veal a la Dan, the portions were huge! After our appetizer and soup we were only able to eat a small portion of our meal and took the rest home to enjoy later. All and all a very pleasant experience and we will not hesitate to return again, with or without the Groupon.

• Visited January 2012