“Superbowl Surprise”

Arsenal City Tavern
Get food delivered
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Watervliet
Description: We are a Tavern specializing in casual pub style eats along with a large selection of craft beer. Our low cost menu combined with high quality food and big portions has people coming in from all over to try out a little bit of everything. Our signature appetizer are the Potato Bombs and our signature burger is the Howitzer. In reality though, they all are just awesome.
Reviewed February 2, 2020

I attended our family Superbowl party hosted by my nephew. The year we went to the Arsenal City Tavern. They offered a food buffet for the very reasonable price of $20. It featured Cesar Salad, Wings (2 styles) Baked Ziti, Mac & Cheese, Meatballs, Sausage & Peppers, Chili, 4 kinds of Pizza, desert and a few other items I probably missed. Everything was hot, frequently refreshed, and above all, delicious! I have to give a shout out on the chili - best restaurant chili I have ever had - and that says something because it is a frequent choice of mine. Savory, rich, meaty and just a little smokiness, probably from some chipolate peppers.

Atmosphere was classic pub with attentive staff and quick and friendly service despite the hustle of superbowl sunday!.

I know that judging a restaurant by it's buffet is not always indicative of it's performance when on menu, but if it's anything like the buffet we were served tonight - I'll be standing in line to try the regular menu. I hope chili is offered!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Mike C
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon; there were a few people in the bar. We chose to sit in the back room. Very nice with a small gas fireplace. This place is a great tribute to the nearby Watervliet Arsenal. Big menu with many varied options. Prices are very reasonable. We started with the Potato Bombs- excellent. Our server was very friendly, answered questions and made some good suggestions. We had the Weinburger, the Reuben and the Buffalo Chicken Wrap- all cooked perfect and a request for a swap out of a side for sweet potato fries was easy.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was kind enough to take my requested dinner delivery order over the phone. I live 60 miles south of Latham & my niece was home with the flu! Her husband was recovering from flu, as well.
They quickly delivered with kind ‘get well’ wishes within a half hour! The French Onion soup & broccoli soup were savory & delicious! The peppercorn steak salad & the salmon salad, they said were gourmet, fresh & scrumptious! This restaurant gets my kudos! When I visit my niece next, we plan to go there to dine. Wht a great place!
Thank you! Arsenal City Tavern -Watervliet!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

A group of 6 friends came here for a Saturday afternoon lunch and we had a great time. Excellent and friendly service plus great food and atmosphere made our visit very enjoyable. We had some delicious boneless wings. My wife had a pizza and I enjoyed a Rueben.
My only recommendation would be to partner with some local breweries to expand the draft selection. But that’s hardly a fault. Nice job and execution on a new local joint.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Very nice place for good pub type food. My wife and had heard great things about this place, so we tried it. We loved the friendly staff and we we're amazed that both owners even asked how our meal was. You get a nice feeling that people are happy you came in their place. Would definitely come back!

Date of visit: November 2017
ArsenalCityTavern, Owner at Arsenal City Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Thank you. We want everyone to feel at home there. We want to know everyone’s names and treat you like we have known you for years. Life should never be uncomfortable.