“Great food, service and ambience”
Review of Restaurant Le Ciel d'Or - CLOSED

Restaurant Le Ciel d'Or
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Owner Rogier van den Biggelaar is also the Chef for the ‘Ciel d’Or’ restaurant and proposes a ‘Dégustation Unique’ formula : 5 courses freshly prepared and consisting of seasonal produce as well as local specialties with his own quirky version of each. He personally introduces his choices to his guests and comes up with the appropriate wines from his excellent wine cellar.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The service was really great and very attentive, the chef came out to say hello and talk about the food, food and wine was super. If you're ever in Mirepoix you should give it a go! You have to book in advance, I think.

1  Thank Epipremnum A

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were staying for a few days at the hotel Relais Royal attached to this restaurant. Having eaten the set menu the chef suggested something different for the following evening.

Trust this chef - he knows what he's doing.

Foie gras, pan fried with local cherries and apricots.
Pigeon, breasts pan fired, the thighs cooked in tarragon butter, spinach and hazel nuts, braised leek.
A brandy snap basket containing the freshest of fruit salads marinaded in an spiced orange sauce.
Matched wines for the courses.
It was perfect. All the other diners were eating from the set menu - and I had not one shred of menu envy, just total satisfaction.
I had eaten the month before in le Gavroche in London - this meal outclassed it in every sense and was 40 euros a head.
Unbeatable!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I should start my saying I am veggie so a degustation menu in France is never usually an option! Here it was - even the amuse bouche for me were veggie. I should say we did give notice so suggest you don't turn up on the night expecting the same !

We sat on the terrace and enjoyed all the courses - the waitress explained them all to us as she served and they were great. hubby is not veggie and he loved his menu too.

Thoroughly recommended,

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am always impressed by the effort that go into preparing and presenting beautiful food. We were staying at the Relais Royal and decided to eat at their lovely patio restaurant. We were no disappointed. Each course was matched with a carefully chosen wine which enhanced the food. From the lovely Amuse-Bouche, the home made rolls, a trilogy of beautiful appetizers, a small fish course of calamari stuffed with tomato, eggplant and leek on a bed of braised fennel served with a white wine foam I knew we were in gourmet heaven! Each course was small and beautifully presented and there was enough time between courses to relax and enjoy the wine. The main course was perfectly poached veal, garnished with a small potato topped with a carrot puree and tiny mushrooms. The cheese course was served with a fig and walnut jam and set the palate for a lovely dessert of roasted fresh peach, with a little almond cake and an ice cream made with almonds and rosewater. Service was impeccable, the food superb and the ambiance delightful.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This restaurant was incredible. I had dinner one night and the whole meal (all six courses of it) was a delight. By far the best meal to be had in Mirepoix. As a hotel guest, I also really enjoyed the breakfast, with fresh baked breads (again, the best in Mirepoix), fruit salad, yogurt, omelets and a cheese and meat platter. Fortunately, I'm staying in Mirepoix for an extended period, so I'll be back!