My husband & I were guests for 3 short nights and loved everything about the Lodge. From the friendly greeting to the spacious room with a beautiful view of the Park, especially from the big bathtub while taking a bubble bath - who could ask for more.
I won't repeat the good others have said but I will add an additional bonus that the Lodge can offer. We inquired about cultural tours that included learning about traditional Ugandan food and how to prepare it as well learn about their folklore and dances. So to satisfy our interest they arranged, for the first time, a tour that included the above. The tour took place away from the Lodge. It started with a walk to a cave with the homeowner to learn about growing up in this part of Uganda. We then went to a thatched hut where we helped prepare a traditional meal (including fish, matooke, banana beer etc.) using traditional methods. We had the option of eating in the hut or outside at the picnic tables. We chose outside (it was a beautiful day). During lunch a group of men & woman preformed local dances for us.
We learned a lot but the highlight was the friendliness and the work and effort that these people went to. The people involved went to such an effort to make sure we had a good day and their caring showed. The day was a highlight of our trip. I highly recommend the tour!
Thanks Katara and all involved in our memorable stay.l
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Katara Lodge offers accommodation in eight luxurious cottages on a beautiful stretch of hills overlooking the open savanna in a serene and relaxing atmosphere. Each spacious cottage was hand crafted using locally available materials and combines wooden floors, grass thatched roofs and canvas that can be folded away for uninterrupted views of the park. A romantic roll top bath or invigorating rain shower provide a perfect way to unwind after a thrilling day on safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Katara Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katara Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Katara Lodge Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park