Stunning location, high on the escarpment looking down over the flat savannah of QENP and (on a good day) to the Rwenzori Mountains and the Congo border beyond. The views are tremendous.
The bandas are great - zip tent sides to maximise the views, but also all the luxury of spacious fully fitted bathrooms, massive beds with canopies and mosquito nets. Seating areas and hammocks are spread all over the grounds so if the weather is good this is an excellent place to relax. Pool was chilly but what a view! Food was very good - ordered a few hours in advanced based on staff recommendations. They can do lunchboxes.
We left in a downpour and our vehicle really struggled on the 2km mud track back to the main road. Best to do this journey in the dry. The contrast between the poverty on the doorstep and the luxury of the interior was a little uncomfortable, but that was always going to be the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Katara Lodge offers accommodation in eight luxurious cottages on a beautiful stretch of hills overlooking the open savanna in a serene and relaxing atmosphere. Each spacious cottage was hand crafted using locally available materials and combines wooden floors, grass thatched roofs and canvas that can be folded away for uninterrupted views of the park. A romantic roll top bath or invigorating rain shower provide a perfect way to unwind after a thrilling day on safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Katara Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katara Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Katara Lodge Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park