We stayed here for just one night as part of a Wild Frontiers tour of Uganda (booked easily through World Primate Safaris in the UK), really wish we had stayed longer for several reasons. Firstly this bit of Queen Elizabeth National Park is excellent and I'm sure we would have had more great sightings if we had done more game drives. Secondly the camp itself is a wonderful place to relax, with a comfortable lounge are and a nice deck over the river on which to sit back and take in the sights and sounds
The rooms are more chalet than tent, ours was extremely spacious with a lovely king sized bed, complete with mosquito net, and a large and well lit bathroom. There are no fences to keep wildlife out, so you need to be escorted to and from your room at night for safety reasons - this adds to the wilderness experience and excitement of staying somewhere like this, though in the end the only animals we saw at the lodge itself were birds and monkeys, with a buffalo visible on the far side of the river. Elephants apparently make fairly regular appearances - we saw an enormous herd quite nearby on a game drive so find this easy to believe
This is part of the Uganda Exclusive Camps collection and, like their other property (Buhoma Lodge) that we stayed in, the combination of fantastic views, great service, delicious food and perfect location adds up to a very special experience. Like Buhoma, laundry and massages are offered as part of the service, though we didn't make use of either during our short stay
As well as the lack of congestion found further North in the park, the Ishasha sector is well worth visiting for the wildlife itself - in particular the cats up trees. We may have been especially lucky, but even in our short stay we managed to see lions up trees, lions not up trees and a leopard (up a tree, of course), as well as a good variety of other game and birdlife
Highly recommended - and try and make sure you have at least two nights there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the ten spacious framed canvas rooms, situated in the wooded area besides the river, is comfortably furnished and with its own private en suite bathroom and dressing area providing running water, solar hot water 'bush' showers and a flushing eco-friendly toilet. We also offer "Fly-in" safari packages which include transportation to and from nearby airstrips as well as game drives and other activities included within the rates. Please inquire with us for more details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ishasha Wilderness Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park