“Great Great Great !!”

Wagtail Eco Safari Camp
Ranked #9 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Kisoro
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have just spent 3 days at Wagtail and I have to say that I loved this place...
Perfect location to go tracking Gorillas.
Perfect location to interact with the village and its very friendly people
Perfect staff....very friendly...here for you and always smily
Nice dining room where all the guests can share the table ( if they want to )
You can't track the gorillas without staying at Wagtail.
I look forward to go back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ricalea

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Eco word shouldn't be attached to this lodge. It's built on cut trees, the walls in the room are covered in raw concrete, but they don't have water and electricity is poor, so may be that's why they call it Eco. No mosquito nets in beds, but i can assure there are mosquitos and many other insects. In the night the dogs bark loudly, what else? The food... choose some other lodge.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank teseum
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great service from start to finish. Warm towels, gnuts and juice upon arrival, and great food. Nice deck to enjoy a drink on, or you can walk right out the door and have one in town. Only negative feedback was that the wine is overpriced, stick to beer and you'll be alright.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theDs76
Reviewed July 5, 2013

May I first say thank you, thank you, thank you! Many great memories and moments created here at Wagtail Lodge. The staff are more like family after a 6 day stay and many tears were shed as we had to say good bye for a period of time.
I will be returning again and will be bringing my daughter with as well! The year 2015 cannot get here quick enough and I have already booked the same room/lodge I was in this year! "GEORGE" was my given name with my new found friends and as I will say more like family. The greeting, friendly atmosphere, and home coming was the best! Missing it all so very much. I highly recommend this amazing place! Looking forward to my next visit......and the next...and the next!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 62GinaLeigh
Reviewed June 29, 2013

the wagtail lodge is a great place to stay while in Rubuguri. the staff is very friendly and helpful. they were like family to us by the time we left. we stayed 6 nights. we had the tented room which was nice. will be returning for a visit in november and will be staying at wagtail again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My 2 friends and I stayed here last year Dec. just before Christmas. Our lodging plan was inclusive of the 3 meals/day for the 2 days or our stay. We arrived late in the afternoon but it look like we were not expected yet we had booked over 2 months back.
It was about 40 minutes or so of waiting, a staff came to help us to find our rooms as the ones booked had been given to a different group. The arrangement was to have us in 2 rooms with private bathrooms but we received 1 room to share with the bathroom about 20 miters outside. We wired all our payment ahead of our stay but they claimed to have received the money.
Our tour operator had to for us again just to make us not to be very disappointed before trekking the next day. We had a snaky day and night since they were not prepared to have us.

The staff seemed to be great and friendly and the food was average but the management is not that you would trust with anything...and not very cooperative. Be careful with what the website says and those photos.... they have hot water, this is not real, though that was not critical, it had to very clear in our communication at the time of booking. They quoted $160/night/double...for something that looked like $70 was worth considering the service.

Until something is done, I would recommend future travelers to check on all the options in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeeko T
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent place to stay for a base for trekking the gorillas at Bwindi. We arrived after a long ride all day to a warm reception with hot towels and tea. It is very remote so my sisters and I could not believe that there were hot showers and electricity. We shared a large permanent tent with wooden floors, 3 beds and a separate, connected bathroom. There are also lodge-type cabins as well and a beautiful courtyard. Yes, the hot water bottles in the beds and fresh flowers were a lovely touch! Dinners and breakfast were excellent, but the standout is the service. Wes was our waiter for every meal and he was just fabulous. I would absolutely recommend Wagtail for a place to stay for gorilla trekking.

• Stayed: August 2012