See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high reading the reviews here but I was dissapointed by this place and even more by the staff.
We had a reservation for a triple and a twin room but got a double bed instead. They were conviced there was a couple among us.
The rooms were average and nothing special. The price was right, is the best thing I can say.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gerritvanderlinden
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I did not stay in the accomodation here (but was told by guests that they were disappointed) but i have eaten here several times, both on this trip and previous ones. The food is very reasonable but its best to ask them not to salt anything otherwise you may be in for a salty surprise. It is not a posh eating place by any means but is fine for the price you pay. The staff are friendly but we always ordered the food in advance to make sure we did not have hrs to wait.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank otwayCambs
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I rolled into town from Rwanda and stayed at the local version of the Temple of Doom until I ran into a fellow mzungu who told me about this place. I immediately went over and checked in. The staff is great and they can set you up with whatever you want to do (recommend the Gorilla trekking, even though it's pricey). If you're there at the right time, they'll even fry up some grasshoppers!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank utpilot
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I came to kisoro to climb Mt Muhavura, where i stayed at the golden monkey for about five days. In doing so i met the staff and Mboni the dog and decided i rather liked the place. After spending three weeks in Rwanda and realizing it wasn't for me, i came back to Kisoro and stayed again at the golden monkey where I met good people who were staying there while researching the golden monkeys up in the national park. during the next three months i effectively moved in while playing for the local football team and the staff never missed a beat, treating all of us like family. Some of my best times traveling were at the guest house and i retuned in 2012, sadly to see most of the staff had moved on (and the prices had gone up!) but Molly, the manager is still going strong and there is no better place to stay in Kisoro (trust me, i've been in, slept and got drunk in all of them!)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kampala_Hoop
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at the Golden Monkey on two separate occasions while passing through Kisoro. The owner/manager Molly and her staff are great. Very friendly and accommodating. The guesthouse itself is decent for the price I paid (Ush 25,000)...reasonably clean and comfortable. Food in the restaurant is good and reasonably priced. Plus, I can't forget the resident dogs "Blanket" and "Bunny" as well. Kisoro itself is nothing to write home about, but if you find yourself passing through The Golden Monkey is a good budget choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo