“Fantastic”

Dining options: Reservations
Cooperstown, NY
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I recently ate at La Petite Maison, and it was a treat. The atmosphere is French Bistro, and done well. We started with a warm mushroom salad, which was the perfect combination of warm wild mushrooms and cool lettuce. For dinner, I had an excellent boullibase full of seafood: lobster, fish, shrimp, mussels. My husband had a filet vension style, which was perfectly cooked. We were given an excellent potato gratin to share, and were told that we could have more sides if needed. The portions were generous. The dessert was the best I've had in some time--chocolate ganache which was light and airy. We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2012

“One of our favorites”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Amazing cuisine and service in upstate NY. Has been a favorite of our family for almost 20 years. Presentation and quality of food is unsurpassed, not only for our area, but for almost anywhere. Authentic French cuisine in a lovely little house, only about 10 tables, so make a reservation, you won't be disappointed

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sarah K
central New York
“Lobster Ravioli!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The title of my review states one the item you must eat when you dine at LPM. I could have written a review that only discusses how delicious this dish is – it’s that wonderful!
I have been dining at LPM since I was a teenager with my parents. We’ve celebrated many special occasions here over the years; it’s always a treat to dine at LPM. This is great French food – hidden away in a small house (ha!) in Waterville, NY.
There is a small set menu at LPM, with seasonal specials to supplement. The warm mushroom salad (special) is amazing! But remember – you MUST get the lobster ravioli!  I typically do not order chicken when I dine out, but I do love their chicken calvados! Having eaten probably everything on the menu over the years, there isn’t anything that I wouldn’t recommend. I’m partial to the chicken, duck, and filet. My husband loves the salmon. As an adult who very much enjoys good red wine, I am thrilled by the pricing of bottles of French wines at LPM! I am not knowledgeable in this area of reds, but every recommendation they have made has been very much enjoyed.
Save room for dessert – the profiteroles are a perfect way to end a delicious French dining experience!
the ONLY negative to note - the chairs offer very little cushion and may become uncomfortalbe during the course of a lesiurely meal.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank breelynd
Floyd, Virginia
“The best French dining experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This small, family-run restaurant is in the improbable small town of Waterville NY, south of Utica NY, and is located in an elegant home on main street in downtown. The family spends part of the winter in France, so plan ahead.

They grow some of their own produce. The menu varies accordingly. Let's start with desserts - they make the best creme brulee i have ever had, and i have ordered it in many restaurants across the US, from Boston to San Francisco. There are other great desserts that other family members have tried and are very fond of.

The service is very family-oriented and personal. It is like dining in their home. The appetizers and entrees are all carefully prepared, laid out on plates like a piece of art, and all is perfectly cooked. For example, try their Warm Goat Cheese Salad. Typical entrees are unusual preparations of Lamb, Beef, Duck.

I have dined here many times with family who live about 20 miles away. It is a tradition to go there on every visit to that area.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank RocketFloyd
Upstate New York
“like being in France!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Food artfully and deliciously, authentically prepared, atmosphere unique for America!

Visited October 2011