All reviews rooftop restaurant delicious pizza operations manager second home f b manager freddy mercury pole pole nice furniture two double beds family room air condition average hotel beautiful building hotel is great reception staff breakfast and dinner clean rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I usually am one of those people that is pretty hesitant to stay at a property I am not used to - but Tausi Palace in Zanzibar was definitely worth the try after my usual hotel being fully booked.

1. It was cheaper than my budget.
2. The staff were super nice and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable.
3. The bar took a little longer time to make me my cocktails - but it was worth the wait!

I shall definitely stay there again - it was worth the money I paid for :-)

Ally

Trip type: Traveled on business
Tausipalacehot_, Guest Relations Manager at Tausi Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ally,
Thank you very much for taking out time to send us your feedback. We are glad that your stay here with us was comfortable and memorable. You liked our services, staff behavior and value for money you got at this budget price. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2019

I live on the island and use this hotel whenever I want to stay for the night. Booked here for the music festival.
- It took me 3 weeks to get a confirmation;
- I have booked a double room because a friend of mine was in stand by, I got a single occupancy room;
- My room was on the ground floor and without a window so no air circulation;
- No remote controller for the tv;
- The shower curtain was obviously for a bathtub and I had no bath tub so there was a 40cm gap and all the water would go out of the shower;
- Walls mouldy, electrical cables not properly covered and secured next to the bed;
- Breakfast needs to be improved;

The eternal question: it's ok and understandable to maximize profit during an event such as the music festival but is it worthy losing a customer over it?

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Tausipalacehot_, Guest Relations Manager at Tausi Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Dear Simone,

Greetings from Tausi Palace Hotel.
Thank you very much for your time to send us your feedback.

We are surprised to see your review as you have so much to complain about. Still we are obliged to respond back to all your concerns.

It took one call to get you a confirmation of your reservation. Our reservation manager Mr. Jameel received your call and confirmed your reservation despite heavy bookings due to the high season and the festival.

On your arrival we showed you the available single room as per your request and you liked to stay there.

Your room on the ground floor did not have windows which you noticed while checking in but It had sufficient air conditioning to enable ventilation.

Every room has a TV and a remote control. If it was missing you never reported it back to the housekeeping or front desk.

Same about the shower curtain or electric cables we never get any complain from you during your stay.

Still we have noted all your complains and ensure you the necessary actions to avoid such complains in the future.

The Eternal Answer:
Its never OK for us to maximize profits on the price of unhappy guests. For us our guests are our most precious treasure and we really value them. Hope to host you once again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Thank you Jane for your kindness. I defenitly recommend this hotel. Position was the best in Stone city. Breakfast very good! We had to wait for our flight till 7pm, they put our luggage in the storage and gave us recomendation for how to spend our day. Asante!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Gordana,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that your stay here with us was comfortable and memorable. We would love to host you again soon. Greetings from Jane.
Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Good view is only advantage of this restaurant. Fish in Zanzibar style was frozen in middle, fried like chips outside. Karry and other dishes middle quality. If you are in Stone Town, try better place...

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Very pleasant staff, breakfast with rather poor choice, clean and wide rooms. Better bring your towels since when the room is cleaned they take them and rather often not put clean ones. Location is perfect, you can walk and visit all main atractions of Stone Town.
Just close to the hotel perfect massage available!

Date of stay: January 2019