We stayed for one night on our return to Stone Town so we already knew our way around and where it was - in Stone Town this is part of the fun - finding places and getting lost!
The Dutch owner was extremely nice but the other staff were 'ok', they didn't go out of their way to be friendly like a lot of the other locals we met.
The Coffee House is a fantastic building, full of character and we enjoyed our stay. I hated coffee - but not anymore, the stuff they served was lovely and breakfast was fab (the best we experienced) on their rooftop terrace.
The room was lovely with lots of nice touches.
Would definately recommend staying here. We met a lot of people who were disappointed that they couldn't get a room - book early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town